blender in university

An open space where people who use Blender in an academic environment can share progress and the typical problems and needs of academic environments.

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

blender in university

Postby Fariba » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:43 pm

Is there any university in the world that uses blender in its labs to teach animation in master degree of computer graphics major or Digital Media Technology? I'm a computer engineer and a ubuntu and blender and generally opensource user.I want to study computer graphics and animation in master and I'm looking for non-online universities that use blender.
I really appreciate your help.

Postby domejunky » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:56 pm

we (The University of Plymouth) do...

Postby jorgetm » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:55 pm

here in Portugal there are some graduate degrees with subjects using blender, but I only know a master degree that incorporates blender on its studies. It's called MIA - master in illustration and animation, and has a specific 3D animation subject. It is based on IPCA but it doesn't have a site translated in english.

Postby prof.t.adamson » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:52 am

At Southern New Hampshire University ( we are in the process of creating a Master of Information Technology with a concentration in Game Design and Development. We are currently in the planning stages and the course may start in the spring of 2012 (more likely in the fall of that year). Check out the school site for updates with this program.
Hope this is of some help.
Tom A.
I am interested in using Blender as a teaching tool in a beginning course in Computer Game Design and Development.

Return to “Academic & Research”