Texture blend modes

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

matt_e

Texture blend modes

Postby matt_e » Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:35 am

I stumbled across this site today ( http://www.pegtop.net/delphi/blendmodes/ ) which has code and visual example for various layer blending modes. Some more texture blend modes (other than add, mul, sub, blend) would be great in Blender and would make texturing a lot more flexible and useful without having to switch back and forth between image editors so much. I had a look at the code myself (src/texture.c) to see if I could add any, but unfortunately it was over my head. If anyone's interested in giving it a go, you'd be very welcome :)

Jamesk

Postby Jamesk » Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:41 am

That would be very useful indeed!

cessen

Postby cessen » Wed Jun 04, 2003 4:22 pm

Indeed, some neat color blending functions. I wonder how useful most of them would be in practice, though. They certainly all have their place in texture creation, but only a few of them would be useful for texture mixing in a 3d application (IMHO).

Anyway, in short, I think that a few of those would be an useful addition to the blender color mixing functions.

Jamesk

Postby Jamesk » Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:00 pm

cessen wrote:the blender color mixing functions.

While on that topic: Would it be terribly hard to implement some sort of eyedropper tool? Something which a) can be used to click at anything on screen to grab the color of that pixel, and b) which stores the currently 'eyedropped' color so that one could easily assign that value to any of the color controls (i.e. mir, spec, col, texture rgb-slider, vertexpaint etc - sort of "rightclick on SPEC-colorchip to put the current eyedropper color there")

In paintmode one can actually right-click to grab the color, but nowhere else that I can recall.

ideasman

Postby ideasman » Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:11 pm

I think a nice way to impliment it would be to have an eyedropper in an easerly accessable space- on the tool bar or whatever.

You could sample anywhere within the blender and render window (should not be too hard?, render window gives colour values anyway)

and next to the colour picker would be a colour swatch (or mabe more then one- )

These could be dragged onto the colour sliders of any window- light, texture.

OR

a more blender like way to do things would be to haqve a colour dropdown (like selecting textures)

z3r0_d

Postby z3r0_d » Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:28 pm

there is a pusdo eyedropper in vertex paint mode

right click. (simple really)

it will put the color of that pixel (textured or whatever) in the paint buttons.

Return to “Rendering”