Child of constraint and game engine (Blender 2.57)

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Jonsku

Child of constraint and game engine (Blender 2.57)

Postby Jonsku » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:00 pm

This is my first post on Blender forum so greetings everyone!

I'm doing some simple test scenes to learn about physics in Blender (version 2.57 on Mac OS 10.6.7) and I ran in a issue with the child of constraint and the game engine.

The scene is set up as follow : a large box is used as a ground and 3 smaller boxes are placed on its surface. The 3 boxes are children of the ground (rotation/scale/location).

Get the blend file here http://j-u-t-t-u.net/Blender/childOfConstraintIssue.blend

My idea was to have a sphere roll down the ramp formed by those boxes. In order to do that, I rotate the ground 15 degrees so that the gravity will push the sphere down.

Everything looks fine in the 3D view (the 3 boxes move and rotate with the ground because of the child of constraint), but when I run the simulation, the 3 boxes revert back to their initial position, like the child of constraint doesn't exist...

I'm very new to Blender in general and the game/physics engine in particular so I wouldn't be surprised I overlooked something. Could anyone tell me how to set up my scene so that I can get the desired effect?

Regards!

Jonsku

Postby Jonsku » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:40 pm

I just downloaded the file myself without problem.
What is failing? The download or opening the file?
If it is the actual download I don't think there is anything I can do, the problem could be a firewall or something similar.

If the problem occurs when you open the file, it could be something I could look into but you will have to give me more information about the problem you're having.

I must say I forgot about this problem and moved on to other stuff, but it still would be good to know what is happening here.

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to look into this.

Return to “Interactive 3d”