Greetings and questions from Cuba

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

AlighaThor

Greetings and questions from Cuba

Postby AlighaThor » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:09 pm

Hi! First of all sorry for my bad English...
Greetings from Cuba.

I'm an Informatic student of Cuba and I'm trying to create my own videogame for my career. I'm on 5th year (the last) and I have been learning all I can about Blender and Python.

Currently I'm ussind the 2.7 version. My questions are:

1 - How do I change the .exe runtime icon? It is posible?

2 - In the version 2.8 there's no way to display the difuse color of a material using "Texture Face" or "Multitexture" modes. Only works with GLSL materials. Why's that? I had to use 2.7 version because works fine displaying difuse colors.

3 - When I run the game in Blender there's no problem, but when I run the .exe runtime in Fullscreen Mode the game is practically unplayable due the flashing of the screen. Enyone does know why?

4 - I have tried to create my own Texture Fonts a lot of times and I have never been success :( . Is there a rigid rule to follow? In all examples I've seen the first character is a "@" symbol followed by the English common characters. But my language is Spanish and there are more characters to display like (ñ, ¿, á, é, etc.) How do I create a Latin Texture Font? It must to be .tga or .png? Please I need help in this matter...

I will apreciate any help from you guys!!!

Thanks...

Karakasimov

Re: Greetings and questions from Cuba

Postby Karakasimov » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:57 pm

AlighaThor wrote:Hi! First of all sorry for my bad English...
Greetings from Cuba.

I'm an Informatic student of Cuba and I'm trying to create my own videogame for my career. I'm on 5th year (the last) and I have been learning all I can about Blender and Python.

Currently I'm ussind the 2.7 version. My questions are:

1 - How do I change the .exe runtime icon? It is posible?

2 - In the version 2.8 there's no way to display the difuse color of a material using "Texture Face" or "Multitexture" modes. Only works with GLSL materials. Why's that? I had to use 2.7 version because works fine displaying difuse colors.

3 - When I run the game in Blender there's no problem, but when I run the .exe runtime in Fullscreen Mode the game is practically unplayable due the flashing of the screen. Enyone does know why?

4 - I have tried to create my own Texture Fonts a lot of times and I have never been success :( . Is there a rigid rule to follow? In all examples I've seen the first character is a "@" symbol followed by the English common characters. But my language is Spanish and there are more characters to display like (ñ, ¿, á, é, etc.) How do I create a Latin Texture Font? It must to be .tga or .png? Please I need help in this matter...

I will apreciate any help from you guys!!!

Thanks...

Greetings from India.

1. One way will be to change the icon file in blender source code and make a windows build of yourself.
Another way would be to use a third party software to hack into the exe and change its runtime. such softwzres are available for free on the net.

2. Only GLSL supports diffuse shaders properly, thats why.

3. Check the most recent version of blender and make a runtime. the issue may be because of 3d stereo turn on for runtime.

4. Um, there are quite a few resources available on blenderartists.org forum . you may get better help there.
for 2.5x + versions of blender, it's possible to make realtime text with .ttf fonts and bgl module. i made a demo on BA forums.

Hope that helps.

Return to “Interactive 3d”