Beginner Help

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

EndlesslyGrimm

Beginner Help

Postby EndlesslyGrimm » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:17 am

Hey guys, I'm new to Blender and am having a few awkward problems. I'm sure they're simple to fix, but I have no idea how, what caused them, or what I did.
First off, I made a character, a rig, and a single animation. Attempted to play it in the game engine and blender crashed immediately every time. Deleted my rig and hit ctrl z to bring it back, and it stopped crashing... Why?
Next, now that my game engine doesn't crash blender, my character was invisible, all but 2 normals were invisible. Deleted and brought back my character... Character is 99% visible. Now the 2 normals that showed up before, do not show up now.
Newest problem. Now that I can see my character, and have an object parented to my rig, I can see the rig is moving, as the object is, but my character is not. Is there some step I missed connecting the mesh to the armature? I can pose it and everything perfectly fine, it just does not move in the GE.

Guillaume Côté

Postby Guillaume Côté » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:58 am

Hi!

First, Go on Blenderartist.com next time, or else you will find this forum a bit dead.=P You see, this forum is more for the technical development stuff and blenderartist is more for the user problems and people discussion etcaetera. So that's where you want to go in order to have all the support you can have.

Hey, are you the guy with the prinny mesh? If you are, I guess you found your way before I catch you. =P If not, go to this thread and you should find something similar to your problem: http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthr ... ewbie-help

Have a great day!

EndlesslyGrimm

Postby EndlesslyGrimm » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:26 pm

Ah, well thank you! I originally posted here because my blender GE was crashing constantly, but I suppose it was from a user error.. Still, should look into some way to keep it from crashing even from user errors..
But as you answered my questions and helped me out already I was going to delete this post if no one had answered. You're a huge help!

Return to “Interactive 3d”