I'm physicist and I want to program

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

joecoolman

I'm physicist and I want to program

Postby joecoolman » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:30 am

Hello everybody

Recently I was in a 3D-Animation meeting and someone told me that one can earn some money if he makes physics engine (is it roughly the same as game engine?) for the 3D world. Game companies could be interested to pay for physics engines, so, this is the situation: I am physicist and know programming in C++ and have experience with problems related to finite elements. Can I make some code for physics to be tested in Blender? Where do I start? What are the unsolved physical problems in this issue?, Really, is it possible to make some money with this?.

Any comments from you guys will be truly appreciated.

Greetings.

OTO

Postby OTO » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:02 pm

Hello
well, Blender already have a (great) Physics Engine integrated, and for free; you can even check how its done, because the sources are available:

http://bulletphysics.org/wordpress/

Making money with such a program?...why not, people make money with the weirdest things!
Bye

veredavid

Postby veredavid » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:11 pm

It actually a pretty decent engine

exporito

Postby exporito » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:03 pm

OTO wrote:Hello
well, Blender already have a (great) Physics Engine integrated, and for free; you can even check how its done, because the sources are available:

http://bulletphysics.org/wordpress/

Making money with such a program?...why not, people make money with the weirdest things!
Bye

Nice engine especially taking into consideration that it's free

Return to “Interactive 3d”