Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon Make the Blender Interface Background brigher

graam

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:18 pm
Hi Everyone,

Please, Please make the background of Blender Interface brighter. I have to adjust my monitor brightness and contrast settings frequently for Blender and for other applications.

Or, please let me know how can I customize Blender Interface background color.

Thank You,
Ramalingam

simtron

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:08 pm
Hello there.

In order to customize your blender interface., first you need to change one of the available windows preferably 3d view into user preferences mode.

There you'll find menu on the top, from which choose 'Themes'.

Here you'll find lot of colorful tabs and the relevant window to which they apply to in the side.You can change the colors / brightness of your 3d view background by changing the color/brightness of 20th color tab i.e., "Window Background".

Dont stop at this point.Restore the window places sizes and come back to your normal view.Now press "ctrl+u" which will make your current settings to be default.

Just like this you can customize any other options for blender.

I hope this helped you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Simha

ldo

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:37 pm
Maybe your monitor gamma is wrong. The grey panel background in Blender 2.5x/2.6x looks just fine to me, not too dark at all, and text remains easily readable.

horlurar

Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:45 pm
simtron wrote:
Hello there.

In order to customize your blender interface., first you need to change one of the available windows preferably 3d view into user preferences mode.

There you'll find menu on the top, from which choose 'Themes'.

Here you'll find lot of colorful tabs and the relevant window to which they apply to in the side.You can change the colors / brightness of your 3d view background by changing the color/brightness of 20th color tab i.e., "Window Background".

Dont stop at this point.Restore the window places sizes and come back to your normal view.Now press "ctrl+u" which will make your current settings to be default.

Just like this you can customize any other options for blender.

I hope this helped you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Simha

I can't find this option. It must have changed since it was posted.
Can old / no longer true threads be deleted so they don't show up in google searches when they are no longer helpful?

I'm trying to do this on Blender 2.66

Tehrasha

Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:13 pm
File --> User preferences --> Themes Tab --> 3DView sub menu on left

Scroll to the bottom of the color swatches, bottom left. 'Theme background Color'

Set this to the color you want, and tick the checkbox to activate it.

Old posts and threads will remain as a historical record, and as an information source for people who may be using older versions. (Many people still use 2.49) Blatantly wrong answers may be deleted, or at the very least, ridiculed. Smile

If you are following instructions on a 2yr old post, it should be a given that the information may be antiquated.

Jump to: