The next Blender Movie!

Discussions and feedback around the Open Projects such as Orange (Elephants Dream), Peach (Big Buck Bunny), Apricot (Yo Frankie!)...

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Jet_Zero

The next Blender Movie!

Postby Jet_Zero » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:12 am

Hi All.

I'm an ammature film maker and have wanted to make something with good SFX for a long time.

Then I stumbled across Project London. If you haven't heard about it, it's a group of people with over 250 blender artists creating a feature film!

This is exactly what I've wanted to do for years!

I've got everything I need regarding a film crew. But I have no animators, designers, or anything to do with SFX.

I'd really like to get a community going with this and have fun.

To start with, I've got some clips of professional sword fighters doing clips we're going to turn into a star wars saber duel. This is just for screen tests.

Give me idea's of what you'd want to see in the screen test and I'll have it filmed that way. Then we can start having fun with animating extra's into it!

As for the actual project. I'm currently auditioning actors for a summer project that will be split into sections and released for free online. This will be a somewhat original story, with people helping in all fields of film making.

Although this is originally my idea, everyone in every field is helping and putting their input.

Please get in touch with idea's through this thread. You don't have to ask to join, just get involved!

Jet_Zero

Postby Jet_Zero » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:30 pm

Let me make this clear to all,

I'm not looking to do a Blender Animation.

I'm looking to use Blender as a form of SFX for a film project.
I use the very latest Adobe CS5.
I film on a HD Cannon XL2.

The crew I use know what they're doing and we audition good actors.

This will be a great low budget project, we just want to have some fun with it all :) And I hear the Blender community is a great team.
So get involved! Let's have some fun.

mgoad20

Postby mgoad20 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:24 am

I am a Blender designer/artist.
I am pretty good at modeling but not as good in applying textures.
I think I want in on this one.
But I need more details.

Return to “Blender Open Projects”