BGE Logic Brick Commenting

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

rygenastonia

BGE Logic Brick Commenting

Postby rygenastonia » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:18 am

Hi,

Is it possible to enable comments on logic bricks in the BGE?

For example, I have a reasonably complex logic brick layout and I would like to write a comment on some logic bricks so I can remember what they do. So it acts similarly to commenting code in Python with a # or """.

I was envisioning a small "comment" button on the outside left-bottom corner of the Sensor, that you can click on to add/edit a comment.

Thanks.

OTO

Postby OTO » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:05 pm

Hello
I guess not?!

What I usually do is to name each one with a ( as soon as I add them) helpful name...not really great but...it helps!
Bye

rygenastonia

Postby rygenastonia » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:27 am

Thanks OTO. :)

The naming of the bricks gets laborious and is not descriptive enough.

I teach Blender at my school and my students find it difficult to remember what the logic bricks do, especially after leaving the project for a few days, then coming back to it.

It would be nice to have something to jog the memory other than a single word description as the name.

Cheers!

~R

OTO

Postby OTO » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:12 pm

You can have more than a single word, 32 characters could be written, 14 are displayed when the Brick is retracted ( and view is in maximal zoom)!

The Logic Bricks work is laborious and quite boring, but making games, or songs, or paintings or whatever could be, sometimes, very laborious and boring!

You could write some comments with the "Text Editor" to describe the Logic mechanics, maybe?

Bye

stiv

Postby stiv » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:21 pm

You could write some comments with the "Text Editor" to describe the Logic mechanics, maybe?

Originally, this was the point of the text editor - to leave notes inside a .blend file. It has evolved quite a bit since then.

rygenastonia

Postby rygenastonia » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:20 am

Thanks for your replies. :)

We do use the text editor, but it is not nearly visual enough for 14 year olds. They need something more immediate than searching through lines of text.

The text editor is great, especially for lengthy descriptions - it still would be handy to have something connected to the SCA itself.

~R

Return to “Interactive 3d”