Modelling help *Newbie*

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

nathanwong25

Modelling help *Newbie*

Postby nathanwong25 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:29 pm

Hi there,
I am looking at using Blender in my classroom to teach CAD principles for our Graphic Design course. My students are aged 16. They have indicated that they would like to know how to model characters. So my idea is to get them to make a simple model from plasticine and then model it using Blender. I am having trouble finding some simple (but detailed) tutorials on modeling. Is there anything out there that could help? I find that some are too basic and then some are too advance (they skip too many basic steps).
Any advice would be great.
I would like to learn how to make a model as simply and quickly as possible.
The designs that they are trying to make are not hard (for example a snail, a robot etc)
Thanks in advance
Nathan

stiv

Postby stiv » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:56 pm

There are a number of links to beginner's material (PDFs and videos) at the Tutorials link under the Education & Help tab. IIRC, there was a nice set PDFs used for a high school class.

nathanwong25

Postby nathanwong25 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:16 am

stiv wrote:There are a number of links to beginner's material (PDFs and videos) at the Tutorials link under the Education & Help tab. IIRC, there was a nice set PDFs used for a high school class.

Thanks. Could not find alot on character modelling. Also could not find the school PDF's.

I am currently watching http://www.cartoonsmart.com/blender_basics.html
It is for the older version, but seems easier enough to follow what is being done

CyberGolem

Postby CyberGolem » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:50 am

Hi,
In case you haven't found anything yet, this is a series by Jonathan Williamson. It goes from basic training to the completion of a detailed character [Kara]:
http://blip.tv/cg-cookie
--CG

Return to “Documentation & Education”