Component selection options

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

CyberGolem

Component selection options

Postby CyberGolem » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:55 pm

Hello Blenders,

I've worked with other programs that allow portion-selection (for lack of a better term) of a loop/ring by first selecting an individual edge/face/vertex, then by clicking on one further down a loop or ring will select all of the components between the two selections.

Does something like this exist in Blender? Currently I only know how to select an entire loop/ring first [alt + R-click] then deselect unwanted edges, or having to individually click on components to add them to a selection set.

My apologies if my user language is alien to you but I'm transitioning from other programs and I'm still in the midst of learning the verbology of Blender.

Thanks,
--CG

ldo

Postby ldo » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:17 am

It’s called “Select Vertex Path”.

CyberGolem

Postby CyberGolem » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:53 pm

Between you and Richard Marklew on BlenderArtist.org the answer was brought to light. Thank you!

Just in case anyone else is also searching for the answer on this: Select two verts then CTRL + V to open the vertices dialogue box, just select 'Select Vertex Path' as Ido mentioned. Tada!

I was able to figure out how to do this more quickly (without the dialogue box) for edges by holding CTRL + R-Clicking edges that are spread apart. It works like a charm for selecting portions of edge loops, but as far as I can tell it's only limited to edge loops and doesn't do rings, verts or even faces.

Thanks again.

--CG

Return to “Documentation & Education”