Face mode

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Face mode

Postby mathijs » Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:55 pm

Would it be possible to make the seperate faces better visible before selecting them. This way it would be easier to select specific faces. i know there is a button wich should make this happen, but when selected, it becomes hard to see wich faces you select.
A suggestion:
In face mode give every face a dotted outline, when selecting a certain face, change the color of dotted line and change the outline to a continious line.
Because it is quite hard (for me anyway) to select faces (yes i've used hide selected vertices) i keep waiting to use the UV texture capabilities.

Apparently de sphere unwrap mode was removed from the UV unwrap list, though in another post it was mentioned that it would return in version 2.28

my wish list

Postby maya3d » Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:04 pm

:roll: if there's something i want to be improved in blender version 2.28, those features would be:BOOLEANS, they are a great feature when functionality is good enough. and then there is radiosity, which could be a little more user-friendly.
koneellani pyörii blender 2.27, truespace3.2,wings3d ja kohta ehkä maya personal learning edition, tosin mahdollisesti eri koneella

Postby Pablosbrain » Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:24 pm

Face mode should definitely be enhanced... I would love to see a face mode that would act/function like in Wings3D. Very easy to tell what faces are selected and which ones aren't. I would also love to see more modeling features based on Wings3D added along with this type of functionality.

Return to “Interface & Tools”