Blender 2.5 How to Preview Render?

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

cougarblitz
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:48 pm

Blender 2.5 How to Preview Render?

Postby cougarblitz » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:46 pm

HI I am new to Blender 2.5 and cannot figure out how to preview render. Any help on this would be great. Thanks

mikethedj4
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:33 pm
Location: Rockford, IL

Postby mikethedj4 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:41 am

Press F12 to render/preview the still image/frame
Press CTRL+F12 to render the animation.
Press Alt+A to preview the animation.
Train Insane or Remain The Same
There's No Room In A Warriors Heart For Self Doubt

vsemyonoff
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:33 pm

Postby vsemyonoff » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:56 pm

mikethedj4 wrote:Press F12 to render/preview the still image/frame
Press CTRL+F12 to render the animation.
Press Alt+A to preview the animation.

Is there analogue of the "render preview" window in Blender 2.5 (toggled Shift+P in Blender 2.49)?

pedamado
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:48 am
Location: Porto / Aveiro

Same issue

Postby pedamado » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:53 am

I can't seem to find it either. I've noticed a new (?) OpenGL quick render in the bottom of the 3D viewport, but I really miss the Render Preview window—it was really useful to preview details of the models...

vsemyonoff
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:33 pm

Re: Same issue

Postby vsemyonoff » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:23 pm

pedamado wrote:I can't seem to find it either. I've noticed a new (?) OpenGL quick render in the bottom of the 3D viewport, but I really miss the Render Preview window—it was really useful to preview details of the models...

Perhaps, this tool will appear in release-version?

erickblender
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:05 pm

Postby erickblender » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:14 pm

vsemyonoff wrote:
mikethedj4 wrote:Press F12 to render/preview the still image/frame
Press CTRL+F12 to render the animation.
Press Alt+A to preview the animation.

Is there analogue of the "render preview" window in Blender 2.5 (toggled Shift+P in Blender 2.49)?


Now in 2.58, if you are in the camera view you can toggle first Shift+B (select the part you want to preview the part will be in a red square) and hit F12. you will get your preview like in 2.49

vsemyonoff
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:33 pm

Postby vsemyonoff » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:35 am

It is very good news, thx :-)

vsemyonoff
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:33 pm

Postby vsemyonoff » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:33 am

erickblender wrote:Now in 2.58, if you are in the camera view you can toggle first Shift+B (select the part you want to preview the part will be in a red square) and hit F12. you will get your preview like in 2.49


It is not the same as preview from 2.49. In 2.49 preview was realtime :-(

Coldfusionstorm
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:18 pm

Postby Coldfusionstorm » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:19 pm

vsemyonoff wrote:
erickblender wrote:Now in 2.58, if you are in the camera view you can toggle first Shift+B (select the part you want to preview the part will be in a red square) and hit F12. you will get your preview like in 2.49


It is not the same as preview from 2.49. In 2.49 preview was realtime :-(


indeed!, i am needing this very feature right now!

Dosfanda
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:11 pm

Postby Dosfanda » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:16 pm

Coldfusionstorm wrote:
vsemyonoff wrote:
erickblender wrote:Now in 2.58, if you are in the camera view you can toggle first Shift+B (select the part you want to preview the part will be in a red square) and hit F12. you will get your preview like in 2.49


It is not the same as preview from 2.49. In 2.49 preview was realtime :-(


indeed!, i am needing this very feature right now!



Under Render in the scene tab, Next to "Display" there is a drop down box. Select "New Window" Same as 2.49

_n1n0_
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:46 pm

Postby _n1n0_ » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:27 pm

It was in real time on the previous version. Shift + P would open a SMALL preview window ( like this: http://cgcookie.com/blender/2009/04/06/efficient-preview-rendering/ ) , one would drag it to a slice of an object and changes in textures would immidiately (in real time) be visible in that slice of a preview window (without a need to press F12). It would be great if that option was reimplemented (maybe there is, but cannot find it?).

ldo
Posts: 544
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:30 pm
Location: Hamilton, New Zealand

Postby ldo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:55 am

The Cycles renderer will update in real-time in the 3D view, while you’re editing.

_n1n0_
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:46 pm

Postby _n1n0_ » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:44 pm

ldo wrote:The Cycles renderer will update in real-time in the 3D view, while you’re editing.


Great. Thanks a lot!


Return to “Rendering”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest