Black Command Prompt w/ Blender Logo?

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

grimofnight

Black Command Prompt w/ Blender Logo?

Postby grimofnight » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:17 pm

Idk if this has been posted anywhere or anything but I can not get Blender up and running on my computer. I have tried 64 and 32 bit even though I have 64 bit system of Windows 7. I have an alienware laptop with the latest graphics card A AMD Radeon HD 6900 series, 8G's of memory, and other stuff that doesn't seem very important. This computer is less than 6 months old.

When I click on the Blender icon to get it up and running, it takes a moment. In the bottom right hand corner of my screen it says AMD Driver has crashed and recovered. What I get from Blender is a Black Command Prompt Box with the Blender logo. There is a small flashing underscore/dash/whatever, that sits there and flashes but I can not enter any commands I can't do anything with the program.

Every time I try to start up Blender it does this. Anyone able to help out or give me a suggestion. And make the explanation as Barney and Dumbed down as possible. I'm just now easing into programs like this with little familarity from Solid Edge Works from a few years ago.

Thanks

Tehrasha

Re: Black Command Prompt w/ Blender Logo?

Postby Tehrasha » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:34 am

grimofnight wrote:...I have an alienware laptop with the latest graphics card A AMD Radeon HD 6900 series, 8G's of memory, and other stuff that doesn't seem very important. This computer is less than 6 months old.

.... AMD Driver has crashed ....

The secret is in the name.

Your best bet is to go to AMD's site and download the latest driver for you video card. 6-months is plenty long enough for a newer version to be available. And who knows what custom-tweak version Alienware might have installed.
Spacemice Wiki -- Input devices for a 3D world.
Spacemice / Blender Compatibility

Return to “Documentation & Education”