Split polygon & Flip Triangle

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

CyberGolem
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:12 pm

Split polygon & Flip Triangle

Postby CyberGolem » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:07 am

Hello,
I'm attempting a transition from Maya and was wondering if there is a tool in Blender that allows the cutting of a single polygon (like Maya). I'm aware of the Loop Splitting tool but want more control than this. I've seen some old threads espousing the lack of N-Gon support and fear that this tool isn't available for that reason.
In that same vein, "Flip Triangle" was also very helpful—albeit probably not available either if Blender doesn't support N-Gons.
Thanks for your help.
--Chaz

Tehrasha
Posts: 1264
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:21 am
Location: Iowa

Postby Tehrasha » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:20 am

[moderator's note: deleted spam posts and quotes of spam links.]

Correct... both he and 'Harold' are/were spammers.
BTW... n-gons and other tasty treats will be in Blender 2.63.
Spacemice Wiki -- Input devices for a 3D world.
Spacemice / Blender Compatibility

EricK
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:21 pm

Postby EricK » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:25 pm

Hey, I had the same question so I just wanted to clarify. Is a split polygon tool not currently available?

And if so, is there any plans for one once n-gons are supported?

cheers!
Eric

CyberGolem
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:12 pm

Postby CyberGolem » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:37 pm

EricK wrote:Hey, I had the same question so I just wanted to clarify. Is a split polygon tool not currently available?

And if so, is there any plans for one once n-gons are supported?

cheers!
Eric


I imagine that should they implement n-gons in 2.63, then poly-splitting should also follow suit.... let's hope!

--Chaz

ldo
Posts: 544
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:30 pm
Location: Hamilton, New Zealand

Postby ldo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:07 am

You can try out the new BMesh tools in builds available from GraphicAll.org. Or, if you’re on Linux, you can also try building it for yourself.

CyberGolem
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:12 pm

Postby CyberGolem » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:11 pm

ldo wrote:You can try out the new BMesh tools in builds available from GraphicAll.org. Or, if you’re on Linux, you can also try building it for yourself.


Thanks Ido, but unless I'm missing something, that's only for PC... I recently and unfortunately switched over to OSX awhile back <sob>
:)
~C

stiv
Posts: 3646
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:58 am
Location: 45N 86W

Postby stiv » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:26 pm

BMesh has been merged into SVN trunk, so any recent builds on graphical will have it. Or wait for the next release which will be Real Soon(tm).

CyberGolem
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:12 pm

Postby CyberGolem » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:26 pm

stiv wrote:BMesh has been merged into SVN trunk, so any recent builds on graphical will have it. Or wait for the next release which will be Real Soon(tm).


Hey Stiv,
I think those R2D2 sounds you're making are in good intent, so thank you. But honestly I have no idea what SVN Trunks are.

:-D

stiv
Posts: 3646
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:58 am
Location: 45N 86W

Postby stiv » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:51 pm

Heh. That will teach you to post in the developer's forum!

Running that statement through Google Translate yields:

BMesh will be in the next (2.63) release of Blender, available in a couple weeks.

CyberGolem
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:12 pm

Postby CyberGolem » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:09 pm

stiv wrote:Heh. That will teach you to post in the developer's forum!

Running that statement through Google Translate yields:

BMesh will be in the next (2.63) release of Blender, available in a couple weeks.


<bows deeply>


Return to “Documentation & Education”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest