Selecting/rotating multiple keyframe handles simultaneously

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Chris.Daley

Selecting/rotating multiple keyframe handles simultaneously

Postby Chris.Daley » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:12 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to Blender (but not new to 3D animation), and I'm having trouble figuring something out. In the Graph Editor, I want to change the spline slope on multiple keyframes simultaneously. Easy enough for one key; I just rotate the handle to change the slope as I see fit. However, I want to have the exact same slope on multiple keyframes. Does anyone know how to do this? When I try to rotate multiple keyframes at once, they rotate globally instead of locally, which is the opposite of what I need.

Additionally, say I want to, for example*, duplicate keyA to replace keyB so that keyB has the same slope as keyA (but a different vertical position on the Graph Editor); can I find the position value of keyB anywhere so that I can copy it before I duplicate keyA? I'd want keyB to maintain its same position on the graph but with the desired slope. I just can't find where in the UI I can input position values for keys in the Graph Editor.

Being new and coming from another high-end 3D program, I'm still getting a handle on the UI, and I'm hoping to learn as much as I can as quickly as I can. Any help/tips are much appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris

* http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthr ... ost2090114

Return to “Animation”