How to skip export of last frame in action?

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

numberkruncher

How to skip export of last frame in action?

Postby numberkruncher » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:15 pm

I have created a walk cycle animation action for my character. The first and last keyframe are the same to get the desired movement, however one frame is identical and causes a jitter.

How can I customise the end frame number of an action?

Note: I am using the FBX exporter for Unity.

Cheers!

Tehrasha

Postby Tehrasha » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:07 pm

I dont know that particular exporter, but you should be able to set the last frame in your timeline, one frame back.

If the animation is 60 frames, set the last frame in the timeline to 59. Blender wont care that the animation is longer, but the exporter -should- respect the limits in the timeline.

numberkruncher

Postby numberkruncher » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:15 pm

I need to clip the last frame from each action that is exported. There is no animation per say, just actions like "Static", "Idle", "Walking", ...

I have looked through all of the menus in the "DopeSheet" view but I cannot find what I am looking for.

Many thanks

Stuntman

Postby Stuntman » Tue May 01, 2012 9:48 pm

I am new to blender - so I may be completely wrong (experts can correct) - but what I did with my looped animations (like walk cycle) was to cut-n-paste the first frame to the last frame (like you probably did).

I then set the "current frame" to be the penultimate frame and inserted (I) that frame (all channels) as a key frame.

I then selected the last frame in the dope sheet and deleted it.

You can then play the whole sequence in blender, and when you export it to Unity you dont have to worry about any extra duplicate frame at the end.

numberkruncher

Postby numberkruncher » Sat May 05, 2012 8:34 pm

Thanks Stuntman! that seems to be working great!

Return to “Animation”