I try to make some kind of 'control panel' objects that allow to export a value (as a custom property) so that i can use this value to influence another object.
For that i tried to do this :
* For the 'control panel' object :
- created an armature with two (independant) bones
- added a property called 'distance'
- and add a driver to that property
the driver is here defined as the distance between the two bones of the armature divided by 10.
Here, when i move one of the bone in pause mode, all is ok : the custom property gets the good value.
* After that, i created another armature, with two other bones
- one bone control the other by a 'copy rotation' constraint
- so, i add a driver on the 'influence' value of the constraint
- and defined the driver as the 'distance' property value of the previous armature (the control panel one)
at first, it seemed to work...
... but in fact i need to push the 'update dependencies' button (of the second armature driver) each time to have the 'influence' value updated itself.
so... it seem that is not the good way to do that ?
Any idea ?
just a little complement : in fact, it works, but only when i exit from the pause mode of the 'control panel' armature...
... maybe, it's normal, so, but that dont help me : i wanted to have something that dynamically change the other armature