Per Vertex UVImage Data

Scripting in Blender with Python, and working on the API

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

3DWalker

Per Vertex UVImage Data

Postby 3DWalker » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:37 pm

I am trying to take a high resolution blender Mesh I've made, and export it into a format I made so I can load it into a graphics renderer I made that uses Presision Point Cloud Data instead of polygons.

I am taking each vertexon the mesh and creating a halo-like mesh out of it, not the mesh is ~2.8 million trigons.

For my renderer, instead of textures, each vertex will have an 24-Bit RGB color, which leads to my question.

I do not get Blender's UV system. I would expect the U and V to be floats or doubles stating the pixel location the vertex lies on, however I'm finding a float between -2.0 and 2.0 seemingly telling how much of a percentage 0.0 to 1.0 of the texture scale, like the UV 0.5 0.75 would be half across the texture and 3/4 down the texture.

Is this true? if now, what do these numbers tell?

I need to find the exact pixel the vertex(s) lie on, and then that leads to my second question.

Once I get the location of the vertex on the image, how do I find the image RGB color at that pixel?

I understand that the same pixel may have multiple locations on the UV Grid, and I plan on averaging the colors found.

Thanks in advanced.
Think Outside Of The Code!

IC3D Administrator/Co-Founder - Isometric Coding of the 3'rd Dimension

3DWalker

Postby 3DWalker » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:16 am

Never Mind, I figured it out myself.
Think Outside Of The Code!

IC3D Administrator/Co-Founder - Isometric Coding of the 3'rd Dimension

Return to “Python”