Playing with the GE source ^_^

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Sutabi

Playing with the GE source ^_^

Postby Sutabi » Sat Jun 28, 2003 9:06 pm

Since I am still looking on how to add reflection I figured I'd play around the with the GE source, and after reading all the documents about the game engine and how it works I was able to play with a little OpenGL. Although I had to uncomment a lot of crap to enable the game engine and disable the plugin and gameplayer build.

Its nothing big really but If I can find the toon edge code on my computer that Hos gave me I can probably get it in coperated in ketsi

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/xXSutabiXx/GE1.png
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/xXSutabiXx/GE2.png

Just one small step to you but one huge step for me ^_^

Hos

Postby Hos » Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:56 am

When did I give you a computer? ;)

Chris

Sutabi

Postby Sutabi » Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:40 am

Hos I gotta thank you and Sirdude for helping me out I got it working but a few problems....the main problems is that the wires (toonoutline) dont ever move from its starting location!

the second if I need to make new drawing mode beucae I found out whit eht llines or the tri/quads got messed up and thats becuase there are diffrent arrways for each and my just using the triagnle array for the lines dont make its right, I just need to figure where in the source the data is fathers the quad/tri/line arrays to put into a new drawing mode....

my other problem is that mesh thats pose to draw actrally takes on the color of the world color setting.....so it looks basicly invisable but I am sure I can fix that someway....

Oh! and the reason it segment fault wa becuase of the for loop, thanks to sirdude for fixing that!

Sutabi

Postby Sutabi » Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:57 am

Thanks with the help of Hos we where able to get Slihoutte drawings into the Ketsji engine ^_^, now I am just working on the buttons and its fuctions. This is probably not much for improving the game gnine but its enough to get me playing with it more!

matt_e

Postby matt_e » Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:48 am

Ooh, looks very interesting. Keep up the good work!

kflich

Postby kflich » Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:54 pm

WooHooo !!! you rock people !!! can't wait for it to be functional !!!

Return to “Interactive 3d”