Loop animation with different camera.

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Donitz

Loop animation with different camera.

Postby Donitz » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:35 pm

Yello there!

I don't really expect this to be possible, but I thought what the hell. I'll ask anyway.

I'm making a blend file for capturing sprites for a game (fallout 2). The game is seen from an isometric perspective, so I need to capture each model from 6 different directions.

The models are also animated, meaning that I need to capture 6 animations. I have somewhat streamlined this process by using timeline Markers to change the camera. But this still means I would have to loop the animation 6 times in a row, and move the markers depending on the animation length, which could be somewhat cumbersome.

So I wonder if it is possible to in some way automatically start over from frame 1 when rendering an animation, and go to the next camera, until it reaches the final camera when it would stop. That would really make this blend file easy to work with.

stiv

Postby stiv » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:30 pm

Sounds like a job for a Python script. For one of the movie projects, someone wrote a camera switcher script.

Donitz

Postby Donitz » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:28 am

stiv wrote:Sounds like a job for a Python script. For one of the movie projects, someone wrote a camera switcher script.

Thank you. I'll try looking for it.

Return to “Animation”