Blur effect

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

theCro

Blur effect

Postby theCro » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:36 pm

Hello, i've got the scene with bunch of details and a GUY. now when i select object (not the guy) and click SELECT / CAMERA then in Depth of field i select Aperture, size: 0,0400

i apply that and it blurs the GUY and object, why is that? is it possible to blur everything except one object? If so, please describe me how. Many thanks!

PS I'm using latest build of Blender, it's uptodate

farbw3rk

Postby farbw3rk » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:12 am

how big is that object you select as the focus-target? DOF seems to focus on the middle of the selected focus-object which isn't always what you are looking for when using DOF in a scene.
if you want to set the scene in place with kind of an artistic blur-effect you should look at the compositor and it's effects. DOF of the camera-object works quite well from a technical point of view and it may be hard to cheat the maths here. :)
workaround may be a null-object attached in near front of your object and point the focus to that which makes sense while animating a sequence. otherwise, for still images, just set the focus manual without sticking to an object.

theCro

Postby theCro » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:04 pm

farbw3rk wrote:how big is that object you select as the focus-target? DOF seems to focus on the middle of the selected focus-object which isn't always what you are looking for when using DOF in a scene.
if you want to set the scene in place with kind of an artistic blur-effect you should look at the compositor and it's effects. DOF of the camera-object works quite well from a technical point of view and it may be hard to cheat the maths here. :)
workaround may be a null-object attached in near front of your object and point the focus to that which makes sense while animating a sequence. otherwise, for still images, just set the focus manual without sticking to an object.
it's REALLY BIG, it's a stadium. what to do?

farbw3rk

Postby farbw3rk » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:20 pm

[quote]it's REALLY BIG, it's a stadium. what to do?[/quote]

Add an empty and give it a name if you like to, then select this added empty in the camera-object Settings/DoF Section as the focus object and place it where your focus should be. F.e. place it just in front of your stadium and give it a try.

Return to “Rendering”