Particles rendering invisible

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Zachfordays

Particles rendering invisible

Postby Zachfordays » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:50 am

I've been trying to create a particle animation with objects (rocks) as the particles, they show in the 3D view, however they do not show in the rendered version. Is there any ways to fix this?

bill2reg

Postby bill2reg » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:37 am

Are you rendering a still image or an animation?

bill2reg

Postby bill2reg » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:51 pm

If you're rendering with cycles, they won't show up. Cycles doesn't currently support particle systems. Try rendering in Blender Render.

ZackatSumoFilms

Re: Particles rendering invisible

Postby ZackatSumoFilms » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:05 am

Zachfordays wrote:I've been trying to create a particle animation with objects (rocks) as the particles, they show in the 3D view, however they do not show in the rendered version. Is there any ways to fix this?

Just in case you check back on this. With your Object that you are emitting, did you set a Cycles material to it? Or did you set it to the Particle Emitter? Yes, Cycles won't render particles, BUT if you set it to spit out Objects, they should be rendered.

I'll check it out and actually get back to you.
Zack Miller
www.sumofilms.com

ZackatSumoFilms

Got the Emitter to shoot out cubes in Cycles

Postby ZackatSumoFilms » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:36 pm

So, here is a link to download the basic blend. If you want to check it out to use as a starting point.

https://www.box.com/s/n4jlge88r6etr3ybs5lm

What I had to do is put the 3D object on another layer and keep the camera ray visibility for the emitter turned on. You can easily hide this, but this is for an example. I'm thinking about rendering it out and making a basic tutorial for YouTube.

Good luck!

ZackatSumoFilms

Re: Got the Emitter to shoot out cubes in Cycles

Postby ZackatSumoFilms » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:58 pm

ZackatSumoFilms wrote:So, here is a link to download the basic blend. If you want to check it out to use as a starting point.

https://www.box.com/s/n4jlge88r6etr3ybs5lm

What I had to do is put the 3D object on another layer and keep the camera ray visibility for the emitter turned on. You can easily hide this, but this is for an example. I'm thinking about rendering it out and making a basic tutorial for YouTube.

Good luck!

Well, I finally upgraded to 2.64 and it cured an issue I had with the Integrator seed. So, now I have a Cycles Render with Sampled Motion Blur at 30X!
Here's a test render at 10 passes per sub-frame and Random Integrator Seed fixed. Image

Notice the difference in noise between it and the old version without the integrator seed changing. In the old version below, the noise is much more visible even with the cubes being rather small with the biggest difference visible in the ground plane.

I wish I had used the same frame number, but it's been a few weeks since I touched this.

ZackatSumoFilms

Emitter rendered in Cycles 30X Sampled Motion Blur Hack

Postby ZackatSumoFilms » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:33 pm

I wish there was some way to embed the video...

http://www.youtube.com/embed/xIQuQYEuLEM

Return to “Rendering”