Tool for blender

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

sabharish

Tool for blender

Postby sabharish » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:04 pm

hi,
I am blender newbie.. as one of my academic projects i want to develop a following tool.
Suppose we have a bone structure which can be scaled according to the size of the character. There are many actions such as walk, run etc for that bone structure .You can choose one of many characters and apply the bone structure so that the character can perform the same actions as of bone structure.
Is it possible to do it? Please give me some relevant posts and instructions to kick off.
Thanks in advance.

CoDEmanX

Postby CoDEmanX » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:41 pm

what would a "following tool" do?

well, you can create actions, each being a certain animation (like walk cycles, jump, etc.), and use the same armature for different characters. But you need to bind that Armature to the character mesh, so you can't just exchange the model and get proper animation. There is auto-weight assignment, but the results can be inconvenient. Manual weight painting will be still required. Dunno if that helps.
I'm sitting, waiting, wishing, building Blender in superstition...

sabharish

Postby sabharish » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:33 am

I am trying to develop a pallette which contains some armatures(eg:for a four legged animal, human etc), some characters and some actions for the armatures. I will select some armature depending upon the character, scale it and add the action and generate an animation. It is ok if the user want to do weight painting.
Consider the following example:
If I select a kid as my character, I select the armature defined for a human and I scale it accordingly to the character size and do weight painting manually and I also choose an action such as walk, run etc and generate the animation for the character.

Any suggestions where to start.

Return to “Interface & Tools”