Bullet physics engine trouble

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Rick3D

Bullet physics engine trouble

Postby Rick3D » Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:06 pm

I love the ability to use the game physics engine in animations--it's so much easier than manually setting up IPOs and produces much better results. I'm having a couple of problems, though.

As a test, I'm trying to create a simple animation of a bouncing ball. If I use the Sumo engine, I can control the "bounciness" of the ball by adjusting the Restitut value for both the plane and the ball, but if I change to the Bullet engine, the ball drops and stops dead. Oddly enough, if I remove the material from both the plane and ball, I get a small amount of bounce, but as soon as I re-add the material, it stops working. Furthermore, I can't seem to control the bounce with the Restitut value (or anything else).

I've also noticed that there is some randomness to the behavior of objects when using the Bullet engine. I suppose that this is ok for game play, but for animation it would be nice to get consistent results every time. Can the randomness be disabled as an option?

Thanks,

Rick

erwin

Postby erwin » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:25 am

Bullet integration is work in progress, and Restitution and other values are not hooked up yet. I will add those in next version, thanks for the reminder.

Physics is running realtime by default, which makes behaviour random. Did you try to set the 'Enable All Frames' setting in the games menu? This should improve reproducability of simulations.

Erwin

ma16sanchez

Coefficient of restitution: Rigid bodies

Postby ma16sanchez » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:39 pm

Hello Erwin

Is there already a solution for this topic in Blender?

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Martín

Return to “Interactive 3d”