---Simple idea for improving UI--- (please read!)

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

[MAGNADOX]

---Simple idea for improving UI--- (please read!)

Postby [MAGNADOX] » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:08 am

So this may be a stupid question, but between updates it can be very hard to keep track of where all the buttons moved to. now often this is due to the fact of AWESOME additions, but between 2.49 and 2.5 the interface changed so much i find myself unable to use 2.5 and above.

So now that i have stated the issue i have come up with a simple solution.

In blender on the "INFO" tab there is a button called "screen layout" would anybody be able to please explain to me how i can set it up so that i can have the windows and buttons inside blender change to something that resembles the UI of version 2.49?

is there a way i can edit blender on my own?[/img]

CoDEmanX

Postby CoDEmanX » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:23 am

There have been too many changes to the UI to be able to reassemble the old 2.4x screen layout. The new layout is IMO way more intuitive and useable, so you may wanna read some tutorials about the new blender to find your way.

However, you can achieve something like this:

Note that horizontal alignment of panels in 2.5x/2.6x isn't really user-friendly. I would stick with stock vertical align.

If you still wanna have 2.4x layout, you could change plenty of python code (yep, interface is mostly scripted) and try to achieve something more useable.
I'm sitting, waiting, wishing, building Blender in superstition...

Return to “Interface & Tools”