Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon I have to constantly reinstall graphics card drivers

steved250

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:56 pm
When I installed Blender 2.64, it didn't work. I tried everything. So I installed the latest drivers for my Nvidia EN9800T GeForce video card. Suddenly Blender 2.64 worked. I found that when I shut off the computer and then restarted it at another time, Blender 2.64 didn't work again. So I had to reinstall the latest graphics card drivers to make Blender 2.64 work. Is there something I can do to avoid reinstalling the video crd drivers after every reboot?

Tehrasha

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:41 am
'did not work' is not very helpful from a troubleshooting perspective.

Console errors of the crash, or screenshots of what does occur would be most helpful.

Once drivers are installed, they do not magically uninstall, unless you have some kind of stringent version management system running which reverts everything to a corporate standard.

steved250

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:18 am
[quote="Tehrasha"]'did not work' is not very helpful from a troubleshooting perspective.

Console errors of the crash, or screenshots of what does occur would be most helpful.

Once drivers are installed, they do not magically uninstall, unless you have some kind of stringent version management system running which reverts everything to a corporate standard.[/quote]

When I say it did not work, I get a blank , dark screen with no menu buttons except for closing the program. And I don't know why I have to reinstall drivers to make it work again after rebooting.

stiv

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:07 am
Blender needs a functional OpenGL video driver. My random guess is that when you 'reinstall' the driver, you are enabling/disabling some setting.

Jump to: