Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon Blender Newbies DVD

dwatson

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:04 pm
Like others, on May 18, 2010 I made a payment totaling $37.25 USD for the Blender Newbies Blender 2.5 Training DVD-ROM on a PRE-ORDER basis - when finished I would receive my training DVD on how to use Blender.

I have been WAITING EVER SINCE !! NO DVD !!

For awhile I received many e-mails from Kernon Dillon on its progress, the last few received LAST YEAR all promised it would be sent out to me by the end of the WEEK. NO DVD was ever received.

Then I heard from others that he was sick, that the processing of the dvd's was taking longer, but they were still being shipped. STILL, NO DVD has ever been received.

Now any emails to Kernon are not returned.....no word at all as to what is happening.

Still waiting to learn Blender, I sit here feeling like I have been RIPPED OFF !!

I no longer use PayPal (used for the pre-payment) so a refund is also very UNLIKELY to ever appear.

Let this be a WARNING to users/members of Blender.org that all you see may not be TRUE or of TRUSTWORTHY Substance.

stiv

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:55 pm
How frustrating. Apparently you are not the only one in this situation. You might send a note to Blendernation. More publicity is a good thing here since the blendernewbies site is still up and running AND apparently accepting orders.

My personal preference is to pay for on-line things via credit card. Credit card companies really hate fraud and will help get you a refund.

And for the record, blendernewbies is NOT associated with the Blender Foundation or the Blender eShop which also sells training DVDs.

Jump to: