Suggestion: sample files, free documentation in download

Feedback to the Blender Foundation and the moderators of this website

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

k-fish

Suggestion: sample files, free documentation in download

Postby k-fish » Sat Oct 19, 2002 11:40 am

What would really add to the site's value would be some more downloads.

What about the sample archives that came with new releases in the past? And what about the blacksmith file? It is even used for benchmarking 3D cards by some german computer magazines... And the plugin samples, they would aid in testing the plugin as well.

And there was some documentation downloadable for free, can't that be put up again as well?

So if there aren't any licensing issues that stop this from happening, I (and for some many others) would be glad to see this added. Anyway, keep up the good work!

xitnalta

Re: Suggestion: sample files, free documentation in download

Postby xitnalta » Sun Oct 20, 2002 1:56 am

k-fish wrote:What would really add to the site's value would be some more downloads.

So if there aren't any licensing issues that stop this from happening, I (and for some many others) would be glad to see this added. Anyway, keep up the good work!

It's being worked on right now, and yes, there's some licensing stuff (i.e., it has to be clear what license each piece follows, like with the source code), but it shouldn't be the main reason that might delay the release. I hope the first bunch of documentation will be available soon.

For more information, read "NaN documentation database + future", Ton's proposal to all this.
Felix

k-fish

Re: Suggestion: sample files, free documentation in download

Postby k-fish » Mon Oct 21, 2002 1:24 pm

xitnalta wrote:I hope the first bunch of documentation will be available soon.

For more information, read "NaN documentation database + future", Ton's proposal to all this.

Well, things are moving along fast , aren't they :)

I'll look at the link, thanks.

Return to “Foundation and Websites”