Animation problem

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Recall

Animation problem

Postby Recall » Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:32 pm

Hi,
I have found problem #120033452...
I made a perfect English Bus and now I wanna let it ride from A to B, but it is made of 7 different parts and I can't move them all at once!
I have to move every part by itself! is there a way to Join all parts (I know that I can press CTRL + J to join the meshes but then the textures are all gone!!! :cry: ) cause I wanna move my bus...

Pleaze help, and don't come up with a complicated answear!!! :wink:

:?: :idea: :arrow:

green

Re: Animation problem

Postby green » Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:06 pm

Recall wrote:Hi,
I have found problem #120033452...
I made a perfect English Bus and now I wanna let it ride from A to B, but it is made of 7 different parts and I can't move them all at once!
I have to move every part by itself! is there a way to Join all parts (I know that I can press CTRL + J to join the meshes but then the textures are all gone!!! :cry: ) cause I wanna move my bus...

Pleaze help, and don't come up with a complicated answear!!! :wink:

:?: :idea: :arrow:

This is related to programing renderers in what way?

You might want to go to elysiun.com instead

Recall

Postby Recall » Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:29 pm

I know I am in the wrong Forum...
But I didn't know where to post it so I did it here... I quess you don't have an answear???? anyway Elysuin is not my favorite place to be, so pleaze come up with an answear!

Pablosbrain

Postby Pablosbrain » Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:41 pm

Doesn't matter if Elysiun.com isn't your favorite place.. that is the "User" forum. This site is dedicated to development.

As for the answer to your questions.. why join them together when you can create a simple box object the size of your object and parent (either CTRL+P or ALT+P, cant remember right now) all the pieces to the simple box standin. Put the simple box standin on a layer your not using so you can turn it off when rendering and animated the box standin. This way all the pieces are still seperatly animatable like wheels for rotation and stuff and yet you can move all of them at once.

But again... go to elysiun.com even if its not your favorite place, That has no bearing on where answers come from. I frequent both places regularily.

Recall

Postby Recall » Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:30 pm

OK I'll go to Elysuin!!! but still... this is the place to get the best answears!

and I don't know how to post something on Elysuin... :?

Pablosbrain

Postby Pablosbrain » Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:11 pm

Posting on elysiun.com is just like posting here... its using the same exact forum software. As for the best answers... If you don't know how to post then you haven't tried elysiun and thus cannot say knowingly where you can get the best answers from.

Recall

Postby Recall » Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:51 pm

YES I HAVE TRIED! damnit! but you have to become a member and I don't know how to become a member... Jezus!

:x :!: :evil: :arrow:

Pablosbrain

Postby Pablosbrain » Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:07 pm

www.elysiun.com
on the home page in the orange bar just below the top menu you can find the login :: register :: memberlist :: groups
buttons...

Recall

Postby Recall » Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:25 am

thnx! :lol:
now I will be gone soon... well, my Blender Problems will! :wink:

:!: :idea: :arrow:

Return to “Rendering”