Creating Models for Warcraft3?

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

chovynz

Creating Models for Warcraft3?

Postby chovynz » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:50 am

I have no idea where to put this post so I chose the most logical. My apologees if it's in the wrong place.

Anyway, I have used Blender, Lightwave and Maya and I must admit: I am impressed with the capabilities of Blender. Suitable for creating images, scenes and games etc ON PAR with Maya or Lightwave.

I do have a request for the Blender Developers and Community. Currently Blender is not suitable for easily creating models for Warcraft 3. I and many others would like to be able to use Blender to create our models for WC3, but we need the model exporter to handle it internally.

At the moment if we create a model using Blender we need to do a process like this: save the model in 3DSmax format, and convert it using Milkshape or similar.

For newbies to modeling this can be a hindrence to making new models. Can I ask someone to create a model exporter in a format for WC3 importing ready?

Thanks for reading this.

GusM

Postby GusM » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:36 am

I am very interested in the process of importing characters in Warcraft. I didn´t know it was even posible to do that. Can you please explain it some more, or give some info links?

Thank you in advance.

chovynz

Postby chovynz » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:48 pm

Ok, Well here's a couple of links.
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper ... deling.php
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/models.php

This should be enough information to start with. If you need more, please let me know what you need and I'll see what I can dig up.

For anyone's information, Warcraft3 imports custom models using the .mdx format. Skins are in BLP (presumably BLizzard Picture) format.

GusM

Postby GusM » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:08 am

Thank you very much.

chovynz

Postby chovynz » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:54 am

Hi again all. I was just wondering how this is going?
Or should I wait some more months? :)

d3thbl4de

hmm

Postby d3thbl4de » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:35 am

how is this going? i saw it... its now 2011 is there anyhting like this? says last post was 2007
hey

Guillaume Côté

Postby Guillaume Côté » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:21 am

I don't really know, this forum is a bit dead, most of the people are on Blender artist. You should go there in the game section and ask the question, maybe it is.

Return to “Interactive 3d”