How print (or save as .txt) Python script from .blend file?

Scripting in Blender with Python, and working on the API

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

mharris

How print (or save as .txt) Python script from .blend file?

Postby mharris » Thu Feb 27, 2003 7:17 pm

I did a quick search here and elsewhere (google) but was unable to find an answer.

I'm interested in studying the source code of an import/export plugin written in Python that comes as/in a .blend file. Given that the author specifically mentions including the source, how can I print it (or better yet, copy/paste or save it out to a plain text file readable by any editor/word processor?

This is on Windows XP.

Thanks.

Schlops

Postby Schlops » Thu Feb 27, 2003 10:04 pm

Shift-Alt-F in the text window with the python script to save the script in a textfile.
Stay Rude!

mharris

Postby mharris » Fri Feb 28, 2003 2:50 am

Thanks.

Guess I should also have asked....... where should I have looked to find that answer?

Thanks again?

Jamesk

Postby Jamesk » Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:32 am

Shouldn't someone add a little button for that in the text window? Or at least a little hint somewhere in it?

Schlops

Postby Schlops » Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:04 am

mharris wrote:Thanks.

Guess I should also have asked....... where should I have looked to find that answer?

Thanks again?

Uhm, in this forum or in the Py&plug forum over at elysiun.com or in irc? blender people are very helpful, don't be afraid to ask something. :D
Jamesk wrote:Shouldn't someone add a little button for that in the text window? Or at least a little hint somewhere in it?

Hmm, I think Goofster is curently doing some coding with the text-window (syn hilit), maybe he can do it?
Stay Rude!

Return to “Python”