Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon OS X, oh so close.

VelikM

Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 7:50 am
Compiles untill these errors:
Making all in creator
/bin/sh ./libtool --mode=link gcc -g -O2 -funsigned-char -o blender.app -L/usr/local/lib/python2.2/config source/libblender_source.la intern/libblender_intern.la intern/python/frozen/libfrozen.a -lpython2.2 -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lGLU -lGL -lX11 -lXext -lm -ljpeg -lpng -lcrypto -lssl -lpthread -ldl -lstdc++ -lz
gcc -g -O2 -funsigned-char -o blender.app -L/usr/local/lib/python2.2/config source/.libs/libblender_source.a -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm intern/.libs/libblender_intern.a -lm intern/python/frozen/libfrozen.a -lpython2.2 -lGLU -lGL -lX11 -lXext -lm -ljpeg -lpng -lcrypto -lssl -lpthread -ldl -lstdc++ -lz
ld: intern/.libs/libblender_intern.a(GHOST_SystemCarbon.lo) illegal reference to symbol: _AECountItems defined in indirectly referenced dynamic library /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/AE.framework/Versions/A/AE
ld: intern/.libs/libblender_intern.a(GHOST_SystemCarbon.lo) illegal reference to symbol: _AEProcessAppleEvent defined in indirectly referenced dynamic library /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox
ld: intern/.libs/libblender_intern.a(GHOST_SystemCarbon.lo) illegal reference to symbol: _FSRefMakePath defined in indirectly referenced dynamic library /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/CarbonCore
ld: intern/.libs/libblender_intern.a(GHOST_SystemCarbon.lo) illegal reference to symbol: _GetQDGlobalsScreenBits defined in indirectly referenced dynamic library /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/QD.framework/Versions/A/QD
ld: intern/.libs/libblender_intern.a(GHOST_DisplayManagerCarbon.lo) illegal reference to symbol: _CFArrayGetCount defined in indirectly referenced dynamic library /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation
ld: intern/.libs/libblender_intern.a(GHOST_DisplayManagerCarbon.lo) illegal reference to symbol: _CGDisplayAvailableModes defined in indirectly referenced dynamic library /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics
*** Error code 1

secundar

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:23 am
Velik, Is there any way to get python working properly with Jaguar and Blender Publisher 2.25 - or even Creator 2.23? I can only import VRML 1 files and all those cool plugins bring up errors abou this py and that py missing. I'm nowhere close to attempting compiling it myself (just not bright or patient enought) unless it would get python working.

VelikM

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:20 am
I have fairly good luck with .py scripts using publisher2.25 OS X, as long as they don't use a GUI. It's my impression that there are still problems with python, getting it to compile and work correctly with the bf-blender code. There is a rumor of a release coming some time soon, hopefully............ Very Happy

secundar

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:53 am
Can i trouble you by asking which oythin scripts work? I tried the OBJimport.py i found and i get this error in my Terminal...

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "objimport.py", line 12, in ?
ImportError: No module named os

Perhaps you could tell me where i could find a working script so i can try it in Blender myself. I am running Publisher 2.25 on Mac OS X 10.2.2, Python 2.2.1. No where could I find info on setting my Python path but i did attempt to try the Linux instructions in the elysiun forums.

Thanks for your help. Hope the next version of Blender is soon - and better!

VelikM

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:18 am
On my sys. OS X 10.2.3, /usr/local/lib/python2.2 works (in the python: path in the top-header (pull down)). On the elysiun.com site search for ripstings grass script, it works really great.
To find the correct path for your sys. try (in a terminal window) 'locate python'
This is some-what off-topic here, best to ask the questions on the elysiun.com site.

secundar

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:43 am
Thanks!

I have asked many questions on elysiun with little response. Either I'm asking the wrong Q's or the Mac OS X base is really small.

I'll give your suggestions a try.

Bischofftep

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:38 pm
VelikM wrote:
On my sys. OS X 10.2.3, /usr/local/lib/python2.2 works (in the python: path in the top-header (pull down)). On the elysiun.com site search for ripstings grass script, it works really great.
To find the correct path for your sys. try (in a terminal window) 'locate python'
This is some-what off-topic here, best to ask the questions on the elysiun.com site.

I haven't gotten any responses from Elysium, you're actually the first person I've seen who's gotten some decent Python code to run on OS X.

I'm trying ripsting's "grass" script, and continue to get the same problems I always have: any module ending in ".so" generates a "failure linking new module" error.

Any help greatly appreciated!

-Bischofftep

Jump to: