Will these bugs be fixed in next ver?

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Doogs

Will these bugs be fixed in next ver?

Postby Doogs » Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:57 pm

GameBlender Community,

There are the alpha bugs and also there are huge problems with sounds being unpacked every time you append something from another blend. Furthermore we really need to fix a way to unload certain media like images and sounds instead of doing the load/save/load/save option. Maybe an unload button.

will these problems be worked on in further updates? Are the programmers aware of these?

doogs

z3r0_d

sorta

Postby z3r0_d » Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:20 am

But first the game engine must be working again.

Unload certain media? If something is not linked to isn't it not saved?

... but as far as the alpha bugs go I am willing to sorta work on those. (need to look at more stuff in source...)

... and they aren't really as importing as making blender not crash.

----------------------

There is a manual way to make alpha faces render in the correct order in a single object, but it can be painful.

Theory:
transluscent faces (alpha faces) must be rendered in the order oppsite distance from the viewer (furthest to nearest) so that they appear to overlap correctly.

Taking advantage of the fact that faces can be made rendered from only one side (by default they are), and order sometimes can be determined that will result in a correct appearance from all sides.

to make the faces in an object render in this order the object must be split up into parts (what the parts consist of depends on the object. Some examples: top and bottom of each set of leaves in a tree [see images], or inside and outside of a sphere), and re-joined in order. I think that order is the order the objects should be drawn. (If not it is the opposite)

having faces set to will cause this technique to not work. If a face needs to be visible from both sides, it [probably] needs to be two faces.

I was working on a script for this (today), but I don't know when it will be completed.

With that said, an example of good and bad:
goodImageand badImage

Return to “Interactive 3d”