Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon Win compilation how-to?

Jamesk

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:16 pm
That's interesting stuff, Hos. I'll see what I can come up with...

AndyDavis

Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 3:41 am
Have you dug into this at all?

It does seem strange that you would need VC6 to build this. I have the compiler for work, but I don't really want to buy or pirate it for Blender development.

The MS Windows Platform SDK can be downloaded from MS free of charge. Coupled with gcc or DevC++, it would seem that a no cost development environment could be assembled.

This may not be the right place to pose this question, but if I did the nescessary fiddling with the makefiles and environments to get this kind of a setup going, would that be something that would be used in the mainline? I'm not terribly interested in doing splinter work.

-Andy

Jamesk

Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 11:37 pm
AndyDavis wrote:
Have you dug into this at all?

If you're talking to me, the answer will have to be "er... no"

I quickly decided that I'll have to save my spare time for the stuff I'm really interested in - which is currently modeling and rendering. I do like to code a bit occasionally, but this kind of stuff is a bit over my head, at least when it comes to porting and stuff like that. I'll be happy to try to make some stuff later, when there's a not-to-messy way of doing it with freely available compiler gear (and I will not do it on VC, since my only copy of that is a *cough*cracked*ahem* version, which I don't own of course, who said that? I didn't hear anything...)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: