[Q] getCurrentScene() not found?

Scripting in Blender with Python, and working on the API

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

nicholas_yue

[Q] getCurrentScene() not found?

Postby nicholas_yue » Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:47 am

I had a look at the ribexport.py example from CVS but when I tried to run it, Blender 2.26 says that there is no method call getCurrentScene().

Is the Python interface undergoing some API changes?

Who is maintaining the ribexport.py script in CVS?

What happened to the getCurrentScene() method?

Cheers
--
Nicholas Yue

ray_theray

Postby ray_theray » Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:55 am

The getCurrentScene() command is from the old 210 API, which has been dropped as of Publisher 2.25. Use instead Blender.Scene.getCurrent(). Also, the ribexport.py script has been updated considerably, look for Green's BlenderMan script at elysiun (I have it if you can't download it anymore). Also, Green is currently working on hardcoding a rib exporter (maybe even a direct "Renderman" render button?) into Blender. Look for progress on that in the rendering fourm below.
-ray_theray

nicholas_yue

Getting blenderman script

Postby nicholas_yue » Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:12 am

ray_theray wrote:The getCurrentScene() command is from the old 210 API, which has been dropped as of Publisher 2.25. Use instead Blender.Scene.getCurrent(). Also, the ribexport.py script has been updated considerably, look for Green's BlenderMan script at elysiun (I have it if you can't download it anymore). Also, Green is currently working on hardcoding a rib exporter (maybe even a direct "Renderman" render button?) into Blender. Look for progress on that in the rendering fourm below.

elysiun does not have blenderman script anymore.

Where can I get the latest?

What about the new renderman button that Green is working on? Is that available?

ray_theray

Re: Getting blenderman script

Postby ray_theray » Thu Mar 06, 2003 2:50 am

nicholas_yue wrote:
ray_theray wrote:The getCurrentScene() command is from the old 210 API, which has been dropped as of Publisher 2.25. Use instead Blender.Scene.getCurrent(). Also, the ribexport.py script has been updated considerably, look for Green's BlenderMan script at elysiun (I have it if you can't download it anymore). Also, Green is currently working on hardcoding a rib exporter (maybe even a direct "Renderman" render button?) into Blender. Look for progress on that in the rendering fourm below.

elysiun does not have blenderman script anymore.

Where can I get the latest?

What about the new renderman button that Green is working on? Is that available?

Yeah, I didn't think it would be up still. I think this is one of the latest versions (0.1 beta 7.0).
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/rayae1/bl ... eta7.0.zip
And nope, Green's not done with direct rendering. We'll just have to wait and see.
-ray_theray

Return to “Python”