tankcoder

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 1:14 am
here's the origional post

http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=874

TankCoder-

MoreK

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:18 pm
Hi
Would it make any sense to use Mingw/GCC instead of Cygwin/GCC? If not, why?

MoreK

tankcoder

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 6:36 am
I'm trying that right now, Its actually quite a bit harder than you would think since blender is trying to compile for WIN32_ and thus using MSVC specific headers and functions that are not supported with mingw. I'll post updates as they come.

TankCoder-

MoreK

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:57 am
If you get any results please let me know. I'm very interested. Actually I would love to get code to my Dev-C++/Mingw environment, but I guess you need to create new makefiles to make that work (Dev-C++ does not read the current makefiles, I assume?!)....

-MoreK-

tankcoder

Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:06 pm
in order to even begin trying, you need the MSYS packages over at the mingw sourceforge page. I tried using something called W11 which actually takes X11 specific calls and turns them into native windows calls but it does not support OpenGL which means I cant use it. I'll try to hack some more out of the windows code.

BTW, does anyone know where I can find a pre-built libpython22.a for mingw?

TankCoder-

Jamesk

Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 12:01 am
Cygwin and GCC... Okie... It's freely available, and that's the point. I had some hopes for DevC++ and Mingw too, but I soon realized I was in way over my head. Took me an hour just to get that combo work the way it should on "hello world"... Even trying to make something with the Blender code was... er well out of the question. I'm a simple man, when it comes to matters like this. Give me a Java project!

Anyway, if you are really successful with Cyg+GCC it would be wonderful. And that it will run as a native W32 app of course, not X11. Keep us posted, oh great masta! [bow bow]

Jump to: