I have a easy script problem. (I think)

Scripting in Blender with Python, and working on the API

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

toast

I have a easy script problem. (I think)

Postby toast » Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:44 pm

I want to add a mesh circle to my blender scene using script.
I can add lamps, cameras and a mesh( which comes out as a single dot or vertices) but what is the syntax to make it a circle or any standard shape from the mesh menu.

and can anyone give me a good source to finding syntax for blender scripits?

Thanks.

z3r0_d

Postby z3r0_d » Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:20 am

circles shouldn't be too difficult to create in a script.

Blender.NMesh.
One of the things in Blender.NMesh will return an empty mesh if none is specified. Why cannot a circle be created with trig, NMVert s and two edged NMFace s?

I don't have code right now, but I see no reason for blender to expose (most of) the primitives in the add menu. They can be created quite easily (if you are conscious, which I am not currently) using python.

----

syntax for blender scripts?
you mean example code?
or what can be done with avaliable modules?

I hope that in the future the documentation project can cover both, but for the moment look for the docstrings for 2.25. I think I have the ones for 2.23 at http://www.geocities.com/z3r0_d/blenderDoc.html

toast

Postby toast » Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:29 pm

Blender will not let you specify where and what size of circle you want. I know you can position your insertion point on screen but then you have go edit the circle again maybe the location and size. I am working on a script to insert a circle to a specified XY position and give it a radius . I will have to brush up on my trig i guess sense blender may not let you use all it's tools.

Return to “Python”