nuke as a high load site

Feedback to the Blender Foundation and the moderators of this website

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

wubo

nuke as a high load site

Postby wubo » Fri Oct 18, 2002 6:26 am

I've run nuke varients in many cases, but never in a high load environment. But even in my low load tests, the nuke varients seem a good deal "heavier" then they should. I was able to help this alot by using real light weight themes, no graphic table headers, just clever use of colors. But, it still seems like the back end has a lot of weight. If you expect traffic to stay this heavy, you might want to look into a lighter backend. I've used a couple slashcode based portals and they seem alot better tuned than the nuke counterparts... just a suggestion, i know change hurts :)

MontZ

Postby MontZ » Fri Oct 18, 2002 7:24 am

wheee.
How could people post stuff without those cute smileys. No really. Newserver(nntp) would be the best forum, it is low on traffic, fast for clients. But people think that nuke is cool so you are talking to the wall now.

Anyway i hope that most important information will move in mailinglist so i can get on top of information without clicking links for 3 hours in a day.

wubo

Postby wubo » Sat Oct 19, 2002 1:34 am

lol, true, smilies have their advantages... and things seem to be speeding up a bit... still slower than christmas, but not much slower :D

Return to “Foundation and Websites”