Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon Are you an artist?

desiderata

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:44 am
Hi there!
just new to 3d and stuff, do I have to be a good artist to be able to create cool 3d? I've followed some tutorials somewhere but didn't really create a good one ...
I've seen some sites of great 3d artists and on their info it says that they liked drawing and fine arts, I was hoping I can do something like theirs without being that good in drawing and all. Rolling Eyes

Anyways it's great to have blender3d in opensource now I can have a 3d app for linux rather than Maya (I can't afford it).

S68

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:58 am
Hi! Welcome to Blender!

You don't need to be a good artist from the beginning... but if you apply to 3D you'll become Smile

www.blender.org is mostly centered on Blender development so these forums are mainly for coder/artists feedback on what to add/enhance on Blender.

For a wide user base, with galleries, tutorial links etc, please visit

www.elysiun.com

If you don't already know it.

Stefano

desiderata

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 3:47 pm
Thanks for the encouragement Smile
I'm really pretty bad at drawing (also in programming) (for an IT student - Shame on ME ! Crying or Very sad Laughing )
Anyways good luck on the programming! maybe sometime soon I'll be contributing to more opensource programs like this one that has lots of promise Cool

RiNiK

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 8:14 am
I think that there is little artist in everyone of us. Smile but thats true what the say... You don't become artist in a day... but whit a little training everything is possible... Smile

jeotero

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 4:49 pm
if you are thinking specifically 3d, then some painting, sculpting, etc classes are not going to hurt Smile

Jump to: