Transparency Map Rendered Shadows?

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

JA-forreal

Transparency Map Rendered Shadows?

Postby JA-forreal » Thu Mar 27, 2003 7:59 am

Anyone working on adding this option into a future Blender version. Other Blender users have requested this feature in the past. So I hope that this one basic 3d feature will make it into Blender one day. This would make mapping tree leaves, bug wings and wire fencing look more realistic.

Jamesk

Postby Jamesk » Thu Mar 27, 2003 8:25 am

I think it's been mentioned a couple of times before, but it is important enough to be repeated. Deep shadowmaps taking alpha and color into account would be VERY useful.

I don't know exactly how shadowmaps are calculated, but it shouldn't be too hard to fix this, should it?

green

Re: Transparency Map Rendered Shadows?

Postby green » Thu Mar 27, 2003 8:56 am

JA-forreal wrote:Anyone working on adding this option into a future Blender version. Other Blender users have requested this feature in the past. So I hope that this one basic 3d feature will make it into Blender one day. This would make mapping tree leaves, bug wings and wire fencing look more realistic.

That would be a nice feature. deep shadow maps could be extremly usefull.

A workaround could be rendering a shadowpass with 3delight and composite over the blender render in gimp/photoshop.

I think I will have deep shadow maps supported in 3delight very soon.

Jamesk

Postby Jamesk » Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:43 am

green wrote:I think I will have deep shadow maps supported in 3delight very soon.

Sounds great! How is your work progressing otherwise?

I made some quick tests with the latest tuhopuu win-binary, and it seems like it could have exported some stuff, although there are some shader files that could not be located. Do you have some how-to draft or simple pointers somewhere on how to make 3Delight rendering operational?

green

Postby green » Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:07 am

Jamesk wrote:
green wrote:I think I will have deep shadow maps supported in 3delight very soon.

Sounds great! How is your work progressing otherwise?

I made some quick tests with the latest tuhopuu win-binary, and it seems like it could have exported some stuff, although there are some shader files that could not be located. Do you have some how-to draft or simple pointers somewhere on how to make 3Delight rendering operational?

There is a bug in the 3delight install app that makes it place an env variable wrong. I will try and work around this somehow. But basicly. If it doesnt work and you dont know how to get it to work, you would probibly just be wasting your time trying to get it to work since it doesnt do much usefull things yet.

But basicly you could try to copy over the files in C:\3Delight\displays\ to C:\3Delight\lib\. Thats probibly the easiest way to do it.

Jamesk

Postby Jamesk » Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:12 am

Thanx, dude, I'll try that. Even if it's not useful yet, I just can't let it sit there without me testing it :D

Jamesk

Postby Jamesk » Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:10 pm

IT'S ALIVE <mad scientist mode>

green

Postby green » Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:28 pm

Jamesk wrote:IT'S ALIVE <mad scientist mode>

Cool :)

First internal blendermade raytrace reflective floor pic :)

Jamesk

Postby Jamesk » Thu Mar 27, 2003 6:10 pm

Yah! I should of course have made the floor checkered too :D Dang, forgot that... And there's no sphere :D This really sucks...

Return to “Rendering”