Dutch source Comment translation

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Debaser

Dutch source Comment translation

Postby Debaser » Mon Oct 14, 2002 3:17 am

I volunteer to translate parts of the dutch comments in the blender source to english. This to me seems first priority for the non-dutch speaking programmers here.

Maybe we can make a list(on blender.org) of blender components that still need to be translated and which are already translated by someone. So that the dutch speaking people here can volunteer to translate one or more components.

Anyone have any further suggestions about this?

bob_dog

Postby bob_dog » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:41 am

I would also gladly help in this area. I'm no programmer, but I can translate the Dutch.

Warren McNee

S68

Postby S68 » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:43 am

Beware...
iluvblender is doing the same (unless you are iluvblender and you have a different nick here)

http://www.elysiun.com/viewtopic.php?t=6168

Stefano

Debaser

Postby Debaser » Sun Oct 20, 2002 4:00 pm

S68 wrote:Beware...
iluvblender is doing the same (unless you are iluvblender and you have a different nick here)

Stefano

He's not very good at it.... I can do it better.

_florian_

Re: Dutch source Comment translation

Postby _florian_ » Sun Oct 20, 2002 5:15 pm

good idea.

i tryed to translate some comments with a litte dict. very hard because
i have no idea about how dutch works. :cry:

i could point you to the right lines in the files or post the comments directly here. so the nonprogrammer translaters have not to deal with code.
but start a new thread for every comment will not help. so translations
could be organized on one *BIG* thread.
with <file>:<linenumber>/*comment*/
i know a big thread is not very cool. but filling the forums with translations is also not cool.

example:
file: /source/blender/render/rendercore.c
lineno: 221
comment: om verkeerde optimalisatie alphaover van flares te voorkomen

who has a better idea?

_florian_
GIT d+ s:- a- C++ UL+++ P--- L+ E--- W+ N+ o-- K- w++ O-- M V--
PS+ PE Y+ PGP++ t+++ 5 X+++ R- tv++ b++ DI- D- G e+ h-- r- y++

Debaser

Re: Dutch source Comment translation

Postby Debaser » Sun Oct 20, 2002 5:56 pm

_florian_ wrote:om verkeerde optimalisatie alphaover van flares te voorkomen

"To prevent wrong optimisation alphaover of flares"

I don't know if alphaover is meant to be translated as alphaover...

There must be a big list(something like the BugTracker system) where anyone can put the names of files / blender sections, which that person wants to check for Dutch comments.
I'm happy to contribute, but don't want to do things double.

ton
Site Admin

Postby ton » Sun Oct 20, 2002 6:58 pm

Heh!

We're opening cvs write access now to a small group of developers, who showed to be able to get it compiling, and can help us reorganizing the source distribution.

I'll make sure we put this translation thing at the agenda too, to solve a.s.a.p.

xitnalta

Postby xitnalta » Sun Oct 20, 2002 9:47 pm

Hey!

I have a nice idea on how the commenting stuff could be easily solved by non-programmers.

Florian: if you have a untouched version of the source code (or just expand it again somewhere from the tarball), you can then just go through the files and add a "* " or "TRANS: " before every Dutch comment. After this is done, just expand another copy of the source code and diff (well, do you have a Unix installed by now? :) ) the original source tree against the other where you added the markers before the Dutch comments. (Just choose a diff format which is easy to read for newcomers (I think you have to try hard to make it unreadable) and still applies smoothly using patch. Another problem is that the comments need to have the same count of lines (<80 characters each), otherwise the diff mechanism might get confused.)

After that, upload the diff file somewhere, start a new thread where people can volunteer on certain parts of the diff (for example: "I'm doing file 'foo' until file 'bar'", and "Ok, then I'll take 'bar2' until 'baz'." and so on), and then embed their work back into your online diff (or patch the original source tree and generate a new diff consisting of the remaining comments still to be translated).

That's just a suggestion - I won't do it myself ;) (I'm working on other places - and school stuff :( ).
Felix

phase

Postby phase » Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:07 pm

my small contribution to the comment translation projekt;

ONTKEVER means debug !

LOL

_florian_

Postby _florian_ » Mon Oct 21, 2002 12:40 am

now i know what this means!!!! 8)

#ifdef ONTKEVER
printf("gain: %f, volume: %d, result: %c\n", gain, volume, result);
#endif

thanks.
GIT d+ s:- a- C++ UL+++ P--- L+ E--- W+ N+ o-- K- w++ O-- M V--

PS+ PE Y+ PGP++ t+++ 5 X+++ R- tv++ b++ DI- D- G e+ h-- r- y++

iluvblender

Postby iluvblender » Mon Oct 21, 2002 10:45 pm

S68 wrote:Beware...

Stefano

I was just hacking at the comments. I wasn't soserious. So you can go on with it.

"iluvblender"

ton
Site Admin

Postby ton » Tue Oct 22, 2002 11:49 am

In general all these dutch comments were made by me, as notes to myself. Most of them can be very cryptic, and hard to understand. Just translating them literally might be not useful.
I am willing to go over this myself, and turn it all into something really useful... would be a good excercise for me anyway, and maybe an opportunity to add more useful comments.

I plan 1 full day this weekend to do this. People who already started translating can forward me their work. Maybe it's not so difficult as I thought. :-)

Return to “Documentation & Education”