Tutorials Needed

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

kayakdog24

Tutorials Needed

Postby kayakdog24 » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:48 pm

We need them tutorials brought back to life and organized on this site as soon as posible. :!:
Galleries would be a nice thing to have too.

madprof

Postby madprof » Thu Oct 17, 2002 10:26 pm

i get the impression that those sorts of things will be at elysiun, and here will be just for blender development (check top left corner).

MadProf

ton
Site Admin

Postby ton » Sat Oct 19, 2002 3:31 pm

In fact, we think of the following:

- blender.org : development project
- elysiun.com : independent user site
- blender3d.org (.com) : product site (using blender)

There's still the discussion going on if 'using blender' shouldn't be just a part of the dot org site. At least we've got loads of material from NaN te be re-used for it, quite a lot of work to revive it all.

Elysiun works great as a comminity site, but shouldn't get the burden to become 'the official' blender user site. I find that the responsibility of the Foundation to help organizing anyway.

robertstarr

The juicy blender newby tutes are back up anyway

Postby robertstarr » Sat Oct 19, 2002 4:56 pm

welll... for all the blender users.

http://10secondclub.org/users/juicy/

Sorry it's been down a lot lately... I wrote these in 1999, but they still seem to have been getting a load of traffic. With Blender being opened up to the world (made open source) I decided the tutes should head up again for the newbies.... so here they are again.

:)

Rob Starr

Liquid

Postby Liquid » Tue Oct 29, 2002 3:04 am

Basic tutorials are nice and all but what some of us really need are some advanced mesh tutorials and some radiosity and lattice deformation tutorials. Some game tutorials would be nice also. If anyone knows where to find this stuff let me know, cause I'm Canadian and haven't got any idea whats goin on... Thxs

nabaf

Re: Tutorials Needed

Postby nabaf » Fri Nov 15, 2002 7:18 am

:lol: Please where can I get some tutorials of how to do some heads in blender a good ones
I used to have some good sites but There not anymore does anybody can help please :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

S68

Re: Tutorials Needed

Postby S68 » Sat Nov 16, 2002 2:51 pm

nabaf wrote::lol: Please where can I get some tutorials of how to do some heads in blender a good ones
I used to have some good sites but There not anymore does anybody can help please :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Look at www.elysiun.com, in the Q&A forum

Look in www.kino3d,com and look for Manuel

Stefano

P.S. Please do not post same question twice on different threads

Liquid

English Please

Postby Liquid » Sun Nov 17, 2002 4:24 am

Yeah,

I'm assuming that there are some good tutorials in there somwhere but Im not bi-lingual. If anyone has any tutorials send them to me. I'm compiling an entire list of them on the major basics. I found a radiosity and light/reflection tutorial and a really BAD armature tutorial but nothing of signifigance. Oh, is there any way to animate skin in blender, vains and skin ripples or hows about moisture and condensation??? If you have any good off the wall tutorials please send me them.

Liquid

Postby Liquid » Sun Jan 19, 2003 7:09 pm

I'm still ready and willing after four months of waiting. If you got something or are not sure send me it. 1000 + views and not 1 scrap of a tutorial so far....

postlogic

Postby postlogic » Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:20 pm

hey..

I've been more of a passive user of blender for some while, and seen a lot of tutorials during this time. The only thing is; all of them are the same, and have been that way for more than 2 years.

how about creating a tutorial-only site, where users can submit unique and fresh tutorials, reviewed by a staff.. I know elysun has been a place for tutorials for a while, but with all these changes, maybe a fresh and new site would be nice?

I've been working on this article-engine in PHP, and would be more than willing to start a new site (eg. www.blendertutorials.com) using this system.. these are all just thoughts, of course.

this system features stuff like article wishlist, user commenting and more..

S68

Postby S68 » Mon Feb 03, 2003 1:58 pm

postlogic wrote:how about creating a tutorial-only site, where users can submit unique and fresh tutorials, reviewed by a staff.. I know elysun has been a place for tutorials for a while, but with all these changes, maybe a fresh and new site would be nice?

Nice suggestion.

Actually the DocBoard has issued a standard covering Documentation, and tutorial too. In XML format. Please visit the Documentation link and join, if you wish :)

Stefano

postlogic

Postby postlogic » Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:09 pm

[quote=S68]
Actually the DocBoard has issued a standard covering Documentation, and tutorial too. In XML format. Please visit the Documentation link and join, if you wish
[/quote]

I was thinking more along the lines of a user-driven innovative tutorials kinda thing. if you get my point. heh.

Liquid

Postby Liquid » Wed Apr 09, 2003 6:47 am

Hey I'm not sure that everyone knows you can use blender as an assistant in DV(Digital Video) editing. As part of my media courses for highschool i was interested in useing blender for credit effects for the beginning and end of a short movie were makeing for one of our projects. I found this tutorial (english only) for compositing 3d graphics with live video using a simple plain like a rear projection t.v. The URL for this tut is http://www.upperfold.com/blenderdv.shtml Its fairly detailed and easy to do.

On the 17 I'm going to Vancouver, Canada on a school trip to visit some interesting gameing companys(Electronic Arts) and film studios (Radical Entertainment) (North West Imageing and FX). I'll post some pictures if you wanna check em out later Cya

Liquid~ :twisted:

AaronAgassi

Postby AaronAgassi » Wed Apr 09, 2003 9:41 am

Tutorials should be integrated with help, a feature not yet included, apparently!

brunobrocoli

great Site try it

Postby brunobrocoli » Fri May 23, 2003 10:57 pm

Try http://bellsouthpwp.net/t/u/tutlinks/ for plenty tutorials, donate if u like.... :lol:

Return to “Documentation & Education”