I'm New and i need help

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Egeis

I'm New and i need help

Postby Egeis » Thu Apr 17, 2003 5:40 am

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but... I started using blender early 2002. I just put the finishing touches on my ship tonight. My ship consists of 2 engines, a wing attaching them to the body, and a cockpit. I want to animate the ship flying through space to a planet. But i cant figure out how to make the entire ship move and not just the last object i selected from my ship. Please someone help me with this problem.

SirDude

Postby SirDude » Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:41 pm

I normally create an empty above the ship and then
parent all of the ship parts to the empty. You could also
put the empty in the center of the ship. If you do that
its nice to put the empty on another layer so its easyer to
grab ahold of it.

You can also just parent the rest of the ship to the body.

To parent Select the child then select the parent holding down shift (that way both are selected and the parent is
active) Then press ctrl-p.

You should ask blender user questions at http://www.elysiun.com/
This board is for discussing developing educational support for blender. (I.E. I want to teach a blender class that sort of thing)

Egeis

Postby Egeis » Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:13 am

Thank you ill use http://www.elysiun.com/ for my questions. Thank you also for telling me this is the wrong place to post. For the next few hours im going to have some fun with my ship. :D

feust

Re: I'm New and i need help

Postby feust » Thu Apr 24, 2003 9:39 pm

Egeis wrote:I don't know if this is the right place to post this but... I started using blender early 2002. I just put the finishing touches on my ship tonight. My ship consists of 2 engines, a wing attaching them to the body, and a cockpit. I want to animate the ship flying through space to a planet. But i cant figure out how to make the entire ship move and not just the last object i selected from my ship. Please someone help me with this problem.

FEUST

Return to “Documentation & Education”