Blender game WIP/hanzo

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

hanzo

Blender game WIP/hanzo

Postby hanzo » Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:42 am

OK anyone could say this has little to do with the improvment of blender but if someone wasn't inspired blender could have never came to be also!

http://www.hanzo-qsa.webhop.net/hanzogallery/hanzogamescreens.htm

so check out these screens of an up comming blender game by
brain-Storm-studios.

and please anyone that can program help make our dreams of game blender real.

have a great one!
hanzo

z3r0_d

Postby z3r0_d » Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:45 am

it is *gasp* textured, and *gaaassspp* textured well.

nice job, but it does seem kind of offtopic for this forum
is it on elysiun ? (after checking apparently not, though I think it should be)

"make our dreams of game blender real"

I'm interested in more detail. all I can up with that would be more required is alpha testing, and possibly a way to have blender create an alpha channel, possibly by color keying, and using aforementioned alpha testing.

What is alpha testing, and what will it allow?

alpha testing pretty simply has the render test if the opacity for a given pixel is greater than a given tolerance, then it is opaque, otherwise it is not. When this is done on all (otherwise translucent) faces, they can have odd shapes (result of alpha channel), and overlap (result of them not being translucent).

If you look at the trees in black and white, although they are composed of few polygons you can see through holes in them that are generated by the texture. Unlike tranlucent faces which have to be sorted, and cannot intersect to render reasonably, alpha tested faces can be rendered very much like opaque ones, and without these problems.

I'd bring out a screenshot (or of the winamp plugin), but I don't think it is well suited for this thread (like the rest of my post), nor am I not lazy enough to do so.

----

(will microsoft be at opengl 1.3 when 2.0 is avaliable?)

Panther

Postby Panther » Wed Apr 09, 2003 1:57 pm

Hi Hanzo, looks good !!!

When can we see a running version ???

hanzo

Postby hanzo » Thu Apr 10, 2003 4:00 am

z3r0_d: well man I know that this is cinda off :cry: topic but hey it's blenderGame and in the realtime forum :twisted: I will/or freind wil put it on elysiun
but the place I know were the action is, is right here were 8) blender is being re made and emproved by geniuses, :wink: so I just want to show them something we are making with blender, and the fact we are taking them/blender very seriously....

Panther: Thanks, the project is in a very early stage and there is a lot of work to do on it yet, :arrow: ence we plan for this game to be as great as it is in our imaginations :idea: then it will take time, OUCH!

sorry it'll be a while...

z3r0_d

Postby z3r0_d » Fri Apr 11, 2003 5:40 am

hanzo wrote: I just want to show them something we are making with blender, and the fact we are taking them/blender very seriously....

[self-deflamatory]You have gone further in such an attempt than I, and I commend you for it. Keep it up, I want to see game blender's features used in news ways. [/self-deflamatory]

no harm intended.

oh, and
smilieys with ears are EVIL!

gargola

Postby gargola » Sun Apr 13, 2003 3:56 am

wow dude,you are doing a great job there! keep it up(demo soon please! :D )

hanzo

Postby hanzo » Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:29 am

Thanks yall! try to update when I can..

--_-- back to work!

Metalmesolid

Postby Metalmesolid » Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:41 am

mehh, think ur givin away a bit too much there bro..

DMBadCat

Postby DMBadCat » Sat May 03, 2003 10:25 am

How do you make the alpha channel for the flowers? are you using uv textures? I am just curious how to do an alpha thingy for ingame

(and the mist?)

hanzo

Postby hanzo » Sat May 03, 2003 10:39 pm

DMBadCat

here's how just look for OTO's post, if you have PS
it works almost the same way. just remmember the lil ( keep transparent button on the layer menu! )

http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=m ... opic&t=484

DMBadCat

Postby DMBadCat » Sat May 03, 2003 11:24 pm

Thanks bud, although I had to go look elsewhere, because I didn't know he was talking about the vertex painting... :P something new learned everyday 8) later peeps

DMBadCat

Postby DMBadCat » Sun May 11, 2003 4:33 am

Hey guys, it's me again (sarcastically) oh joy(/sarcastically) I was wondering how you got the fog... man, more alpha issues that bug me! I am just really up and buzzed about that lately... I don't really know how to get fog "ingame" could there be an answer to my question? Anyway, I am not askin for (secrets) to the whole game that you are makin... just can't get this outa my head! chat with you guys lateh- DM Badfuz
my bunny, not yours, hands off!

dickie

Postby dickie » Sat May 17, 2003 5:23 am

wow.

excellent work!

hanzo

Postby hanzo » Sat May 17, 2003 6:10 am

DMBadCat dude go to the world menu and add a mist play around with the options but remmember to give it the best look make it thin or very thin.. :wink: hope I helped..

DMBadCat

Postby DMBadCat » Sat May 17, 2003 6:53 am

Whoops! forgot I left that post in here! I took your guyses advice and also checked with the elysiun site... thank you for the information... I didn't realize that the fog option also worked ingame... glad you could help me.. DM BadFuz---

Return to “Interactive 3d”