Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon Compiling for Windows/Linux...how is it done?

randy

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 2:09 am
Hi everyone, I just wanna see blender working for now but i cant get the source to compile on linux or windows. What am i doing wrong?
Any help would be appreciated.
thanx

rav_bhara

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:07 pm
nor me, cant compile 4 windows , ahhhhhhhhhh. some one help pleeeeeeeeze

lholt

Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 7:10 pm
I'm on a Slackware 8.0 linux and I couldn't get the 2.25b that's in the download section to compile either. I did find another version that has some python hooks and a configure script which seems to work.
http://www.linux.ucla.edu/~phaethon/blender/blender-autoconf.html
The resulting binary didn't install, and I had to use the -i switch for make. See the README in the tar.

All seems to work except "add Text" which gives a segfault. I'm new to blender so it might be something I'm doing wrong. Still waiting for my Offical Blender 2.0 book. Right now, I just want to see it run clean.

It would be good if some really smart person would take phatheon's configure script and stick it in the distro that Blender has up for download. Don't know what the python hooks are for so I don't need them right now.

FNG

Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:00 pm
It has been compiled on windows but it is far from simple as external libs first need to be built etc. Someone (can't rember his name ...sorry Embarassed ) has created a document saying how to do it (search the forum) BUT you will have to of had some experience compiling such projects (i can't get it to compile using Visual C++ atm)

The good news is that Ton and a select group of developers are modifing the program to allow a much easier build but it will take some time. Read the front news section for more details.

Don't have a clue about linux build though Confused

Jump to: