Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon SpaceNavigator 3D Connexion & Blender 2.5 ?

Tehrasha

Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:02 am
Joined: 21 Apr 2010
Posts: 1264
GJetson wrote:
mikasaari wrote:
Hi,

Will there be support for SpaceNavigator 3DConnexion in Blender 2.5 ?

Tattis,
-Mika


I have the same question. I'm running Blender 2.57.1 on Win7 64 and XP 32 and I'm lost without my Space Navigator. So... (overlooking the obvious Lieutenant Sulu references) any idea if or when it will be supported?

Thanks very much


Well done, not reading beyond the first post.
Reply with quote


GJetson

Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:07 am
Joined: 13 May 2011
Posts: 2
Tehrasha wrote:
GJetson wrote:
mikasaari wrote:
Hi,

Will there be support for SpaceNavigator 3DConnexion in Blender 2.5 ?

Tattis,
-Mika


I have the same question. I'm running Blender 2.57.1 on Win7 64 and XP 32 and I'm lost without my Space Navigator. So... (overlooking the obvious Lieutenant Sulu references) any idea if or when it will be supported?

Thanks very much


Well done, not reading beyond the first post.



Yeah sorry about that. I don't have much experience posting in forums. I wasn't looking at dates and order of posts and just assumed that since the first post referred to 2.5 it must be recent.

After I posted that I started reading further and realized my mistake.
Reply with quote


wdtracy

Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:40 pm
Joined: 16 May 2011
Posts: 1
I created a YouTube video in case it helps anyone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QKARiWqLUQ
Reply with quote


lightningsymphony

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:07 am
Joined: 05 Jun 2011
Posts: 1
Quote:
The reason SpaceNavigator is not supported in Blender 2.5x is because we have been busy refactoring the entire event handling system and the things it touches, like the UI. This is a huge job as you might infer from the length of time we have been working on it. As mentioned here, people have been working in parallel on SpaceNavigator support. When 2.5x is stable, which is about now, we will start adding new features like support for your favorite device again. Right now, the ball is in our court.


I just grabbed 2.57, and installed the latest beta from 3DConnexion for the Mac. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Bupkis.

Has anyone else gotten this to work? I've not been able to use my SN since Photoshop CS4 for anything except Google Earth. It's a paperweight at this point, but I keep holding out hope, because when it works it's indispensable.
Reply with quote


Tehrasha

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:16 am
Joined: 21 Apr 2010
Posts: 1264
lightningsymphony wrote:
I just grabbed 2.57, and installed the latest beta from 3DConnexion for the Mac. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Bupkis.


You will have to create a profile for Blender when using the new Beta driver.

(see: YouTube video mentioned above)

Keep in mind, that the result will only be emulation of key-press/mouse-movements and not a true integrated solution.

I personally do not like it, and think it makes the situation worse... as in, users may be put off by the way it works. Comparatively, the plug-in in 2.49 was a dream.
Reply with quote


Tolo

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:33 pm
Joined: 17 Jan 2011
Posts: 2
Just read the "Blender Developer Meeting Notesm June 5 2011":

"...
Mike Erwin: soc-2010-merwin will be cleaned, 3D mouse (ndof devices) work is targeted for Siggraph in August.
..."


That sounds like great news! Very Happy

Best wishes
Tolo
Reply with quote


RoboticGolem

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:50 pm
Joined: 29 Oct 2002
Posts: 63
Tolo wrote:
Just read the "Blender Developer Meeting Notesm June 5 2011":

"...
Mike Erwin: soc-2010-merwin will be cleaned, 3D mouse (ndof devices) work is targeted for Siggraph in August.
..."


That sounds like great news! Very Happy

Best wishes
Tolo


That sounds like amazing news. I can't wait.
Reply with quote


MAR71N

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:31 am
Joined: 19 Dec 2010
Posts: 2
Finally, the light at the end of the tunnel.
It seems so far away. Razz
Reply with quote


Wolvenmoon

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:34 am
Joined: 12 Jun 2011
Posts: 1
I've been watching these threads on and off for a long while.

Glad to know that my 'new' input device I was given on Christmas will be working in time for me to start back into university next semester and not have time to learn it.
Reply with quote


mooncaine

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:46 am
Joined: 05 Dec 2009
Posts: 20
Very eager to use my SpaceNav in blender 2.5.

Rubbing my hands in sinister glee,

--moonie
Reply with quote


RoboticGolem

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:32 pm
Joined: 29 Oct 2002
Posts: 63
Wolvenmoon wrote:
I've been watching these threads on and off for a long while.

Glad to know that my 'new' input device I was given on Christmas will be working in time for me to start back into university next semester and not have time to learn it.


If your just looking to get used to the device. It works perfectly fine on the 2.49 series of blender. I even figured out how to make the plugin work on 64bit systems.

I know its not a spectacular solution, but I know the frustration of adjusting to a new input device.

I know I cant wait for it either.
Reply with quote


stiv

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:17 pm
Joined: 05 Aug 2003
Posts: 3645
A little tidbit to make you all drool, from the SVN commit logs for the spacenav branch - a work in progress:

Log Message:
-----------
small fix to turntable mode, first attempt at trackball code, ndof now respects view locking and updates 'User Persp' etc.
Reply with quote


Tehrasha

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:04 pm
Joined: 21 Apr 2010
Posts: 1264
stiv wrote:
A little tidbit to make you all drool...


If you keep making updates like this, I will need to find a roll of paper towels...
Reply with quote


dickda1

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:10 am
Joined: 01 Sep 2010
Posts: 11
Looks like we are going to drool through 2.58 as well.
Reply with quote


Soelen

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:43 am
Joined: 04 Jul 2011
Posts: 2
Heh after reading those messages I dont wanna purchase this mouse anymore. I guess I have to wait until someone provides drivers for blender 2.5.

And please dont get me wrong; you guys rock creating such an awesome software!
Reply with quote


Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group