Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon SpaceNavigator 3D Connexion & Blender 2.5 ?

chlip

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:38 am
SnakeArtworX wrote:
When we can expect the official support for 3Dconnexion Space Navigator in Blender for MacOSX?

maybe the answer is Targeted Donation?

as nothing motivates more than a box full of whiskey waiting for The Ma(e)n Who Make Space Navigator Work with 2.5x =)

i'm quite sure many of us would donate not-so-small-ammount of alcohol to Brave Coders =)

win-win-win situation?

--
pete

Tehrasha

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:41 am
chlip wrote:
I'm quite sure many of us would donate not-so-small-ammount of alcohol to Brave Coders =)

Except that coding while under the influence of alcohol would most likely lead to some very interesting 'features' (ie:bugs). Smile

Seriously though, from reading the backlog and some threads on other boards, it looks like the majority of the code work is already done. The delay now is waiting for a stable Blender release before rolling in new features.

Last edited by Tehrasha on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

TxRxFx

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:53 pm
Big plus 1 from me on this one to re-appear in any new future builds.

I'm a patient man so I'll keep checking back on this one. Smile

snipezz

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:50 pm
ya same here

Tehrasha

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:46 am
3DConnextion has released some new beta drivers for their NDOF pointing devices. (3D space mice)

The new drivers allow for mapping of keyboard and mice functions so the space-mouse can be used with virtually any program, rather than just a select few with custom driver sets.

Note... this is NOT Blender integration, this is an official implementation of the functionality seen in the RCB9 driver set.

3DxLabs (fixed link)

Unfortunately, it looks like if you have legacy hardware (anything other than the 4 models currently being sold) the drivers will not work for you. Please make your voices heard on 3DConnexions forums, and perhaps we can remedy this.

Good timing. If this had been announced 24hrs later, I would not have believed it.

Last edited by Tehrasha on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total

stiv

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:51 am
Quote:
Good timing. If this had been announced 24hrs later, I would not have believed it.

A cruel joke, indeed:
Supported Platforms
32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows XP (SP2), Vista and Windows 7.

Tehrasha

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:14 am
stiv wrote:
Quote:

A cruel joke, indeed:
Supported Platforms
32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows XP (SP2), Vista and Windows 7.

There is also a Mac OSX version there.

Tehrasha

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:01 pm
IGNORE ME wrote:
For those of you with older hardware, specifically the SpacePilot, 3DCOnnexion is wanting input on whether this legacy hardware should continue to be supported in its driver suite.

If you are one of the unlucky people that paid $$$ for this piece of hardware, only to have its support suddenly dropped, be sure to voice your opinion.

Official Thread: Adding SpacePilot support to 3DxWare 10
(forum registration required)

Customer voices were heard. The SpacePilot will be supported in the new driver.

Coming soon to 3DxWare 10 Beta for Windows!

RoboticGolem

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:38 am
Another poke for the hopes of this being in the 2.5x series of blenders. Can make the plugin just fine, and it works flawlessly with the 2.4x series. *crosses fingers*

metzgermeister

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:49 pm
Currently the new v10 Beta is out and you really can assign each SP-Axis an Joystick Axis or any Mouse Function in Combination with Keystrokes.

Now the problem is if you use mouse axis the cursor also moves.

I wanted to asign the 4 Joystick axis the main 3D movement functions but currently there is no joystick support implemented.

If anyone capable of phyton scripting could create new menuitems in input configuration to select joystick as device and the axis you want to assign.
Maybe if there are more than one joysticks available in system to number or name them (read out from systeminformation).

I would offer myself to test functionality Wink

by the way here some pics what I mean in Blender and from the new 3Dcon Tool...

Tehrasha

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:21 am
metzgermeister wrote:
I wanted to asign the 4 Joystick axis the main 3D movement functions but currently there is no joystick support implemented.

Last I read, both joystick and native Space Mouse support was in the works, and nearly finished. The big wait was for Blender to have a stable release before new features were added.

dickda1

Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:48 am
This has been kicking around since 2.5 beta, almost 2 years ago.

I am a long time Blender user. Like it very much and am grateful for the donated labors of many individuals.

But

I have this image of the Blender and the 3dconnection guys pointing their fingers at the other group. Nothing has happened in spite of assurances to the contrary. Perhaps 2.6, 2.7? Since I am the frustrated party, I guess I need to see what I can do to fix it. I assume 3dconnection publishes their API.

Dick

Tehrasha

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:35 pm
dickda1 wrote:
I have this image of the Blender and the 3dconnection guys pointing their fingers at the other group.

There might have been chatter like that early on, but definitely not since last summer. GSOC 2010, Mark Erwin had the basics done. And the last news I can find about it from March.

3dConnexion has made it clear last November, that is going to be up to Blender devs to do the work.

stiv

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:06 pm
Quote:
I have this image of the Blender and the 3dconnection guys pointing their fingers at the other group.

Imaginary drama may be fun, but that fact is that we have always had a good relationship with 3Dconnexxion. They even tasked one of their guys, Ettore Pasquini, to help with the original work in Blender 2.4x. Thanks, Ettore!

The reason SpaceNavigator is not supported in Blender 2.5x is because we have been busy refactoring the entire event handling system and the things it touches, like the UI. This is a huge job as you might infer from the length of time we have been working on it. As mentioned here, people have been working in parallel on SpaceNavigator support. When 2.5x is stable, which is about now, we will start adding new features like support for your favorite device again. Right now, the ball is in our court.

GJetson

Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:51 pm
mikasaari wrote:
Hi,

Will there be support for SpaceNavigator 3DConnexion in Blender 2.5 ?

Tattis,
-Mika

I have the same question. I'm running Blender 2.57.1 on Win7 64 and XP 32 and I'm lost without my Space Navigator. So... (overlooking the obvious Lieutenant Sulu references) any idea if or when it will be supported?

Thanks very much

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Jump to: