New wiki color

Feedback to the Blender Foundation and the moderators of this website

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

teragone

New wiki color

Postby teragone » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:14 pm

The new white foreground on black (ok dark gray) for the wiki is not easy to read. I know that is the Blender style, but a prefer the previous one.

Please revert it to black on white.

Thanks.

jesterKing
Site Admin

Postby jesterKing » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:01 pm

You can change the used skin when you log in and set it in your preferences.

/Nathan

teragone

Postby teragone » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:25 am

Are you talking about Board Style in the preference section of the profile ?

I change it, but nothing happen :(

Edit. Ok I find it it's in the wiki profile not the forum profile. Thank you.

Reaction

Postby Reaction » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:21 pm

Where is my "wiki profile" to be found? I can't see any other settings within the forum environment?

Only when I can change the colour scheme will I ever be able to read the Blender wiki again! Please help - my eyes are forming tears already.... !

(Note to the website designers: This white on black is appalling! After 20 seconds of reading I feel like I've been staring into a laser. I've only had to register on these forums just so I can ask this question.)

jesterKing
Site Admin

Postby jesterKing » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:44 pm

wiki account creation and login: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php?title ... ype=signup

After logging in, set your preferences: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Special:Preferences

/Nathan

Reaction

Postby Reaction » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:21 pm

OK, thanks for the answer.

On a general note, it seems like a major backward step that anyone who wants to (comfortably) read the main source of Blender help now has to create an account, which goes against the grain of the Blender ethos, surely. I like the easy layout of the Blender.org website, but the Wiki is now going to be a pain to use for many users.

jesterKing
Site Admin

Postby jesterKing » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:51 pm

Reaction wrote:[...]a major backward step that anyone who wants to (comfortably) read the main source of Blender help [..]

In *my* opinion this is easier to read, and that's what it always will be for anyone. Just to put into perspective, I've had much more positive feedback than negative feedback, even though the ones with negative feedback make a point of it on the forums (and are loud about it).

Because you don't like it doesn't mean it is a major step backwards for the entire community.

/Nathan

ps. I do understand that some people don't like it, but hey, you'll always have that.

Return to “Foundation and Websites”