Sorry, people, no idea where to post this...

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

MercuryCrest

Sorry, people, no idea where to post this...

Postby MercuryCrest » Sun Apr 13, 2003 7:04 am

OK, I'm a newbie and I'll make this quick:
When I'm animating, I find that, using Loc first, then moving my object a few frames later leads to unexpected results. Example:
(A hammer pounding a nail into a block of wood, real exciting, eh?)
I can animate the hammer fine with Rot, but as I move the nail down, in one case, after Loc-ing it, when I animated it it started moving in a curious oval pattern at an angle to my perspective (side view). At times, the nail will start rotating in place, wreaking havoc with the steady view I am trying to create. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong, or what I could do to fix it??? All I am doing is loc-ing the nail in frame 42, going ahead to frame 44, moving the nail down a 1/4 inch and loc-ing it. NEED HELP! Nothing I've read covers this, I use v2.25.

tordat

Re: Sorry, people, no idea where to post this...

Postby tordat » Sun Apr 13, 2003 7:16 pm

Such specific modelling and animation questions are best posted and answered in http://www.elysiun.com/forum/index.php

MercuryCrest

Postby MercuryCrest » Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:13 pm

Thanks. Sorry about that, there are so many forums and I've been trying to join on ElYsian for a while--just figured it out! Thanks again...

Return to “Documentation & Education”